Uncle Iroh Quotes – The Last AirBender gave us the beloved Uncle Iroh and he gave us these words that are more than apart of a script. These words of wisdom provide great insight into living a well lived life.
Over the holidays, our kids went on a Netflix binge watching the Nickelodeon series: AVATAR – The Last Airbender. Funny that one of the main characters from the show, Uncle Iroh quotes can provide such great words applicable to life.
One of the beloved characters from the show is General Iroh – or Uncle Iroh. He is a very powerful firebender meaning he has the power to telekinetically create and manipulate fire. He is a retired general of the Fire Nation and is uncle to his nephew Zuko.
If you are a Swiftie, don’t miss our Taylor Swift memes.
And who know this anime Iroh character would be the beloved wise uncle you always wish you could have that always gave great inspirational advice.
Best Uncle Iroh Quotes and Life Lessons
Uncle Iroh said what? Oh yes he did. Here are some of the famous words from the Last AirBender Uncle Funny while these are from an anime cartoon, these actually are great quotes for life, happiness, love, helping others, friendship and more.
Happiness and Love
Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love.
Pride and Shame
Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.
This is probably my favorite of the Uncle Iroh quotes. It speaks so much like
Sometimes the best way to solve your own problems is to help someone else.
It is usually best to admit mistakes when they occur, and to seek to restore honor.
Bad Times Good Lessons
Good times become good memories, but bad times become good lessons.
Hope and Inner Strength
In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
Follow Your Passion
Follow your passion and life will reward you.
Light Up the Dark
Many things that seem threatening in the dark become welcoming when we shine light on them.
Living a Fulfilling Life
Doing what you love will bring out the best in you. You will work enthusiastically and lead a fulfilling life.
When You Feel Helpless
If you feel helpless, develop the courage to move forward. It may seem very difficult but you’ll be proud when you overcome such challenges.
Golden Learning Opportunities
We should view difficulties as challenges in life. They are golden learning opportunities for us. Such experiences make us wise.
Change the World
You have light and peace inside you. If you let it out, you can change the world around you.
Additional Wise Words and Quotes from Iroh
I can’t stop sharing these Uncle Iroh quotes! Good luck picking your favorite, they all speak such great life truths.
- Destiny is a funny thing. You never know how things are going to work out. But if you keep an open mind and an open heart, I promise you will find your own destiny someday.
- It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it becomes rigid and stale.
- Sometimes life is like this dark tunnel.
- Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not.
- While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing.
- You’ve got to feel the flow.
- There is nothing wrong with a life of peace and prosperity. I suggest you think about what it is you want from your life.
Uncle Iroh Tea Quotes
Something you should know is that Uncle Iroh tea quotes are a thing. Who know inspirational quotes about tea existed until now?
- Sick of tea? That’s like being sick of breathing.
- Sharing tea with a stranger is one of life’s true delights
- Good tea is it’s own reward.
- I know you’re not supposed to cry over spilt tea, but it’s just so sad.
- The best tea tastes good whether it comes in a tin cup or a porcelain pot.
More about Iroh
Here are some random facts about Uncle Iroh. You never know, these could come in handy if ever doing a Avatar Last Airbender quiz.
- Did you know the character was originally voiced by Mako in the first 2 seasons. Due to Mako’s death, Greg Baldwin voiced Iroh in the third season and in the sequel series, The Legend of Korra.
- Bryan Knoietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino are the creators of Avatar – The Last Airbender.
- Iroh was the firstborn son of Fire Lord Azulon.
Follow Digital Mom Blog on Social
Uncle Iroh quotes are a part of the Digital Mom Blog Words Matter series