When is the most likely time you think about backing up your files? That’s right, after a hard drive crash. I will never forget the great hard drive failure of 2003. I had just had a child, all of her newborn photos – gone forever – thanks to a hard drive crash and this (new) mom (at the time) not backing up her data.
Back up your data people! In 2003, backing up your data was a pain. Now, it’s easy peasy.
Can we talk about another problem? Molly wanted a new Macbook. Molly bought a new Macbook. Molly’s husband said “make sure you get a SSD.” Molly doesn’t usually think about her file count or how much storage she needs. It’s been 6 months since Molly bought said Macbook and the hard drive is beyond full.
Drobo is a super duper file backer upper. Okay, the official lingo is Drobo is a NAS (Network Attached Storage)
The Drobo is the latest generation of the award-winning platform that started it all. It holds true to the unique design and simplicity that has made Drobo the best desktop storage solution for storing and protecting all your data. No storage expertise is required to ensure your data is always safe and protected.
Inside every Drobo is the revolutionary BeyondRAID storage technology that protects data against a hard disk crash, yet is simple enough for anyone to use. As long as you have more than a single disk in Drobo, all data on Drobo is safe no matter which hard disk fails. Theres no need to worry about anything else. That’s right, redundant hard drives!
Grows With Your Needs
Drobo will grow with your needs. Drobo is the NAS, you provide the hard drives – so if in a year, you need another terabyte – no big deal. Just upgrade your Drobo back-up hard drives as well!
- 1 x USB 3.0 port
Drives and Expansion
- Up to four (4) 3.5? SATA II/III hard disk drives (sold separately).
- Drives of any manufacturer, capacity, spindle speed, and/or cache can be used. No carriers or tools required. Click here for drive recommendations.
- Expandable by adding drives or hot-swapping drives with larger ones. Use the Capacity Calculator to estimate available storage in various configurations.
- Thin Provisioning
- Instant Expansion
- Mixed Drive Size Utilization
- Automatic Protection Levels
- Single or Dual-Disk Redundancy
- Virtual Hot Spare
- Data Aware
- Drive Re-ordering
- Drive bay indicator lights, capacity gauge, status lights
- Drobo Dashboard version 2.6 or later
Operating System Support
- Mac OS X 10.7 and higher
- Windows 8/8.1 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 7 32 and 64 bit
File System Options
- Mac OS X: HFS+
- Windows: NTFS
- Carrier-less Drive Bays
- Power Fail Protection
- Kensington Lock Port for Security (lock not included)
Additional Software Features
- Maximum System Capacity: 32TB
- Drive Spin Down
- Dim Lights
- OS X Time Machine Support
- One (1) year warranty in the US or outside the EU or two (2) year warranty in the EU.
Size and Weight
- Desktop Form Factor
- Width: 5 in (127 mm)
- Height: 6.3 in (160 mm)
- Depth: 10.7 in (271.8 mm)
- Weight: 6 lb 11.3 oz (3 kg) without hard drives, power supply, or packaging
Power and Cooling
- External Power Supply:
- AC Input 100-240VAC~2A, 50-60Hz
- DC Output 12V, 4.16A, 50W max
- Dual, fixed, variable speed cooling fans
- 6 ft (1.8 m) USB 3.0 cable
- 6 ft (1.8 m) power cord with power supply
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks Drobo for sending over a device to try out. This mom won’t be losing anymore baby photos!
Mom to 4 kids, Molly Thornberg aka Digital Mom is the blogger-in-chief here at digitalmomblog.com. She likes to keep it real, overshares on her personal Insta-stories, tries her best to show grace and always appreciates a funny meme. Molly appreciates the unique things in life, and is a Ennegagram 7w8.