By: Posted on Published:
Post may contain affiliate links that help support Digital Mom Blog.
7 minute workout apps – do these really work? Are you ready to get in shape this year? Have you heard about the 7 minute work out?
The 7-Minute Workout is a combination of circuit training and high-intensity interval training. It requires NO equipment and just 7 minutes of your time. Don’t think those 7 minutes won’t require work.
7 Minute Workout Apps
A recent article in the American College of Sports Medicines Health & Fitness Journal1 shows how you can fulfill the requirements for a high intensity exercise using nothing more than your own body weight, a chair, and a wall.
This science-backed workout only requires a seven minute investment. The program calls for 10- to 15-seconds of rest between each 30-second exercise, which should be performed in rapid succession.
Best part of all? You can now do these high-intensity interval training exercises with your smart phone! Check out the BEST 7 Minute Workout Apps for iOS:
7 Minute Workout Seven with High Intensity Interval Training Challenge
* No workout equipment & just minutes a day
* Fun achievements and rewards to keep you motivated
* Based on the 7-minute workout featured in NY Times Magazine
Also available for the Apple Watch
The Johnson & Johnson Official 7 Minute Workout App
The Official 7-Minute Workout App features:
- The official 7-Minute Workout
- Over 1,000 workouts!
- Access & control your entire iTunes library with the touch of a button
- Customize your own workout routines and share your workout progress with friends
- Smart Workout feature acts as your own personal trainer
- Over 20 intensity levels
- Post workout Assessments
- Personalized challenge levels
- Designed for all fitness levels, from beginners to professional athletes
- Over 30 minutes of video shot specifically for the app, featuring Chris Jordan, creator of the 7 Minute Workout
- Integrated with Apple Health to provide you with a smarter SMART workout
- New achievements celebrate milestones within the app
Also available for Apple Watch
7 Minute Workout Challenge
App features include:
- Stunning design
- Both male and female trainers that guide you by video, audio, image and text
- All content is INCLUDED (no additional charges, and no need for internet connectivity)
- Track your weight with our weight tracker
- Track your activity with our activity calendar
- Workout and unlock various achievements
- Support for Apple Watch
7 Minute Workout
Not enough time is no longer a valid excuse! Put your body into ultimate fat burning mode in just 7 minutes! Made by the same people who created the #1 C25K® (Couch to 5K) app on iTunes!
- Based on the scientifically proven program published in ACSMs Health & Fitness Journal.
- These 12 high-intensity exercises requires no equipment, which means you can do it anywhere!
- 7 Minute Workout is perfect for all fitness levels, whether youre just starting out or a workout veteran.
- Earn and unlock fun achievements as you perform each workout! Clear instructional videos help you perform each exercise correctly and safely.
- Easy intuitive stunning design.
- Helpful instructional videos for all exercises.
- Voice coach so you dont have to keep an eye on the screen, and can focus all your energy on the exercise.
- Countdown voice cues so you know how much time is left!
- Awards and fun achievements to keep you motivated!
- Optional additional workouts to change up the routine and keep things fresh and exciting.
- There is even a specific workout created and tailored for runners, that helps with flexibility, injury prevention, and core strengthening.
Want a preview of what a 7-minute workout looks like? Check out this video from Life Hacker:
Happy working out!
Check out 100 Free Workout Apps for Android
What are your favorite 7 minute workout apps?
Mom to 4 kids, Molly Thornberg aka Digital Mom is the blogger-in-chief here at digitalmomblog.com. She likes to keep it real, overshares on her personal Insta-stories, tries her best to show grace and always appreciates a funny meme. Molly appreciates the unique things in life, and is a Ennegagram 7w8.