Learn about the Enneagram 7 types. Spontaneous, versatile, acquisitive, and scattered.
The life of a type 7 Enneagram is fun, ask me how I know. Though, I will say some might say us 7 types are a bit to wild and carefree for their liking. It just comes with the personality type. Here’s what you need to know about Enneagram 7s.
Enneagram Type 7
Enneagram type 7s are also known as the adventurer or enthusiast. This personality type is fun, spontaneous and versatile. For Sevens, FOMO is real! They fear missing out on excitement.
Don’t expect a 7 to have too much of a schedule, spontaneous is more their game.
Let’s look at this type, who they are, their characteristics, wings, stresses and more.
Type 7 Enneagrams need to avoid pain. They like fun and can use this to avoid such.
Type 7s are spontaneous, versatile, acquisitive, and scattered. Seven personalities enjoy being around people, have a high levels of energy and optimism and justify others’ actions to avoid becoming upset.
Character of God
Here is the character of God for an Enneagram 7: The Joy of God.
- Learn about Character of God
How We Distort That Characteristic
Enneagram Type 7s distort this characteristic by avoiding pain.
Type 7 fall into the head triad, motivated and fueled by fear.
- Learn more about Triads
Harmonic Approach – Positive Outlook
Enneagram 7 fall into the Positive Outlook Approach in regards to Harmonic Approach. Sevens are generally optimistic and tend to avoid negative thoughts or situations.
- Sevens can get into conflicts by being impatient, irresponsible, and excessive.
- Sevens tend to focus on their positive expectations for satisfaction and fulfillment.
- Sevens are in fact fleeing from a threatening internal world and seeking security in the external world.
- If Sevens slow down, their minds may be drawn into the inner world of grief, sadness, and disappointment.
- Their quick minds avoid dealing with conflict and problems through distraction and constant activity.
- Sevens do not typically internalize their experiences; they remain somewhat unattached to people and things.
- In conflict, Sevens can quickly discard things and cancel commitments (i.e., the needs of others) without feelings of regret.
- It is easier to move on to happier things than to stay with things that depress.
- Sevens tend to reject the needs of others in favour of fulfilling their own.
- Learn more about Harmonic Approach
Wings of Enneagram 7
Enneagram 7 wings are 7w6 or 7w8 . No one is a pure personality type: everyone is a unique mixture of his or her basic type and usually one of the two types adjacent to it on the circumference of the Enneagram. One of the two types adjacent to your basic type is called your wing.
7w6 – More settled than other Sevens. They give both projects and people more time before moving on to the next things. More sensitive and anxious, but they successfully use charm to disarm.
7w8 – Competitive, bold and aggressive – they are persuasive and assertive in relation to their ideas and agendas and they usually get their way.
Learn about Wings
Stress and Security
Here are what stress and security types that Enneagram type 7s go to when in stress or (security) success.
STRESS – ONE
Pessimistic, judgmental and argumentative.
SECURITY – FIVE
Stop consuming and start contributing, comfortable with silence and solitude become more serious and begin to think about the meaning and purpose of their lives.
Learn about Stress and Security
Sin and Counter Virtue
The deadly sin and counter virtue that Enneagram 7 need to watch for are:
DEADLY SIN: GLUTTONY
To avoid feelings of pain and chronic deprivation, Sevens compulsively devour exciting experiences, fascinating ideas and the best life has to offer.
COUNTER VIRTUE TO CULTIVATE: SOBRIETY
For Sevens sobriety means exercising self-restraint, accepting and integrating both the joys and sorrows of life, and following through on long-term commitments with projects and people.
Learn about Sin and Counter Virtue
Best Careers for Enneagram 7
Typically outgoing and fun people – here are careers that a typical Enneagram 7 would be successful in:
- Flight Attendent
- Fitness Instructor
More Enneagram Resources
Learn more about your type and others with our resources, including these hilarious Enneagram memes and images.
The best place to start on your journey is learning about the Enneagram test. There are a total of 9 Enneagram types, click below to learn more about each personality type.
- For readers, here is a list of Enneagram books.
- Prefer audio? here is a list of Enneagram podcasts.
- Need inspiration, check out these Enneagram quotes.
Follow Digital Mom Blog: Pinterest / Facebook / TikTok / Instagram / Twitter
Don’t miss the Best Memes of the Week – stay up-to-date with the best LOLs for sharing
Digital Mom Blog is reader supported. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
Enneagram Type 7 is part of the Digital Mom Blog Enneagram series