Technology tickets and screen time. Let’s discuss and talk about this creative way to limit your kid’s screen time.
I remember attending the Activision Games for Girls Summit and a topic several of the moms were discussing was in regards to whether or not to limit your child’s screen time.
Screen Time and the Kids
In our house, screen time is defined by any electronics for our kids. These can include: TV, computer, iPod, Wii, xBox 360 or iPad.
Personally in our family, we have a liberal policy. A few rules we try (hey, we aren’t perfect) to enforce are:
- No screen time an hour before bed. (Also read: No Screens in the Bedroom!)
(This is the rule that most likely is to be broken)
- Homework MUST be complete before any screen time.
- If anyone is giving attitude or fighting occurs, no one gets screen time.
- If friends are over, screen time is limited.
- We really try to encourage educational games.
There have been times where we have thrown are hands in the air, like many parents as to how to control technology with our kids.
How to Use Technology Tickets
Recently, I was introduced to the idea of technology tickets. These are tickets that are given to your child at the beginning of the week. A set number is given to each child and each ticket represents an allotted amount of time with technology.
Mom and Dad can have extra technology tickets to hand out as rewards.
Once a technology ticket is used, that’s it for that ticket until the next week.
Of course rules would need to be put in place per household, such as no using after 7 or only using up to 3 tickets in a row. Depending on each child and each parent a variety of rules could be set.
Download Technology Tickets
I love this idea – especially for parents looking for a solution to allowing kids screen time but without being overly strict.
Moms Who Use Technology Tickets
Here are several blogs talking about using technology tickets, see how they do it!
Technology Tickets – was originally published on December 14, 2011
Read more on Screen Time
How Do You Handle Screen Time with Your Kids? Have you used technology tickets? Leave a comment and tell us!
Share The Memes!
As we always say, funny memes are for sharing! We share memes often and hope that these Funny Monday memes bring a smile to your face. Please share away, we do appreciate a tag on social media if you do share one of our memes.
If you loved these funny Monday images, enjoy these others:
- Back to School Memes – it’s almost that time to head back to school
- Work from Home Memes – there is so much to LOL at
- Tuesday Memes – it’s like Monday but it’s not
- Friday Memes – do I smell the weekend? YES!
- Birthday Memes – because memes are the new greeting card
- Good Morning Memes – wish someone a happy day with some funny