In order to keep you up-to-date with the best toddler alarm clocks, we update this post regularly. Here are our 2019 favorite clocks for kids!
Kid Alarm Clocks for 2019
It's the new year! This is year 7 for us to update this post on kid alarm clocks. Each year we hear from so many parents on how our review of kid clocks is helping their littles one stay in bed. We love hearing from you guys and are happy to update this for 2019!
Best Toddler Alarm Clocks
We have 4 kids. Somehow we managed to survive the toddler years! The first 2 kids, we did not use any sleep training techniques - and OH the insanity! Our littles would get up at all hours of the night, not understanding that they should stay in bed.
We started using a toddler clock with our third child, and it made such a huge difference! As a working mom, I can't stress enough the importance of good sleep and a great morning routine. Self care is so important for us moms and these clocks can help.
Help Keep Kids in Bed and Sleep Training Assistance
Here is a round-up of the best toddler alarm clocks. This is a fabulous assortment of the clocks that have different functions to help with sleep training. We have sorted these by section and have included helpful tips to help your kid become an alarm clock kid , as well as using using clocks for sleep training.
Favorite and Best Rated Toddler Clocks
Here are the best rated children's alarm clocks. We have used both personal review and recommendations from friends, as well as Amazon to determine best ratings.
Mella Ready to Rise Kid's Alarm Clock
First we have one of the newer toddler alarm clocks, but parents are raving about this thing. The LittleHippo Mella Ready to Rise clock is a new and people are loving it. This adorable designed clock isn't just your typical kids alarm clock, it can also be used features a sound machine, night light and nap timer (that can be used for time out!)
On top of all of that, it is an Amazon choice for kids clock to stay in bed. If you are looking for a toddler stay in bed light lock, Mella may be your answer!
- Alarm Sounds - Choose from 3 child friendly alarm sounds.
- Kids Night Light - Features a night light to help any kids that are afraid of the dark.
- Sleep Sounds - Mella is also a sound machine featuring 3 sleep sounds to choose from: white noise, ocean and lullaby.
- Color Clock - Using Red, Yellow and Green - the LittleHippo Mella clock teachs your child when to rise, rest and play.
- Durable and Safe - LittleHippo created the device to be child safe.
- Time Out Timer - You can use Mella as a time out timer.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Little Hippo offers a one year warranty and 100% satisfaction.
Kid Alarm Clock - 2019
The KNGUVTH alarm clock for kids is new to our list for 2019. For ages 2-8 years old, this is a #1 seller on Amazon for kid's clocks, let's look at why:
- Cute Design - 7 color changing lights, wake up light & night light clock, dual alarm which can be set simultaneously; 4 different alarm sounds to choose
- Easy to Operate - The left ear changes the clock light. The right ear will turn off the alarm.
- Long Battery Life - This alarm clock built in 2400mAh battery, offering over 120 hours of standby time.
- Guarantee - The KNGUVTH alarm clock for kids offers a 30-Days Refund Policy, 12-Months Replacement Guarantee, 12-Months Warranty and friendly customer service,
Okay to Wake Clock
Let's look at one of the most popular and well liked of the toddler alarm clocks, the OK to Wake Clock. Not only is this item ranked 4-stars on Amazon - there are over 2,200 OK to Wake clock reviews!
Mirari Ok to Wake! Alarm Clock & Night-Light
The Mirari Ok to Wake! Alarm Clock & Night-Light is a light up alarm clock for toddlers. It features a color changing night light timer teaching children to stay in bed longer in the morning so parents get more sleep (at least that’s the plan!). Set this bedside alarm clock next to your child’s bed and let sleep training begin.
Toddler Sleep Training
Sleep training your toddler? We've asked moms for their toddler alarm clock reviews and recommendations to give you the best advice in regards to purchasing an alarm for you child. These range from digital clocks that talk to night lights that have faces that tell your kid when it's okay to wake and get out of bed.
Toddlers are all kinds of crazy. The good news, if they get a little more sleep – that will give mom and dad more sleep as well! We all know a well rested toddler (and well rested parent) is the best!
A few things else to note about the OK to Wake alarm:
- Affordable - The Okay to Wake clock is definitely one of the more affordable clocks, typically less than $30.
- Night Light for Toddlers - This clock features a color-changing night light that teaches children to stay in bed longer so families get better sleep!
- Suggested Ages - 2-5 years old. If you are looking for a longer lasting clock, check out the Teach Time Clock below.
- Sleep Training for Toddlers - Your tot will know when it's ok to way by the clock glowing green. Then your child can get out of bed.
- Fun and Anitmated - OK to Wake features an alarm clock with snooze, convenient nap timer, interchangeable faceplates, and fun animations that give this personality!
- Easy for Parents - This is clock is designed for easy use for parents to program.
Teach Me Time Child Talking Alarm Clock
Next, we have the Mirari Teach Me Time Clock. This child alarm clock is one of the best-rated kid alarm clocks with over 2,200+ reviews and a 4-star rating
With those reviews, you can say this is definitely a good choice! It features time teaching game and a dual color nightlight. There are three interchangeable color rings, as well.
- Adorable Child Bedroom Accessory - While the main goal is to help your child get sleep - Mirari has made this item cute.
- Talking Alarm Clock - The Teach Me Time Talking Clock says the time when you push a button. This is a great way to teach kids how to tell time.
- OK to Wake! Night Light for Sleeping- The night light is a soft yellow and when the it's time for the kids to wake up - or OK to wake - the face of the alarm turns green. Parent's program the time to when you want your children to get out of bed.
- Teach How to Tell Time - Features a interactive talking time-teaching game that has five adjustable skill levels. Also teaches time-telling concepts of both the analog and digital clock faces.
- Grows With Kids - This is a kids alarm clock for all ages. The Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock is a fully-functional alarm clock with snooze--just like mom and dad's clock.
My Tot Clock Multiple Feature Clock
The My Tot clock is another favorite amongst parents of small children. It features 10 different features, all designed to help your child get better sleep.
- Light Up Clock - Blue and yellow lights teach your child when to sleep and when it's ok to wake. Also features a red light, for thinking.
- Plays Music and White Noise - Plays bedtime stories, lullabies, fun wake music, and even white noise! All sound features are configurable to create a routine that is just right for your family. Ships
- Analog and Digital Clock Displays - Features both analog and digital displays.
- Changeable Faceplates - The standard clock features the moons and stars faceplate. You can purchase additional face plates to customize the clock to your child's room decor.
Other features include Energy-Saver, Weekend WakeTime, Night Light with 5 Levels of Illumination, Hidden Parent Controls, and Analog & Digital Clock Displays.
Big Red Rooster Sleep Training Clock
The Big Red Rooster Sleep Training Alarm Clock teaches children to stay in bed longer so parents can sleep. The biggest problem I have with this is why they named this the Big Red Rooster when it's a DOG. But I disgress. It's got good Amazon reviews and is affordable. Plus it has the basic features a parent needs to help your child stay in bed and know when to get out.
Glowing Balls - The ball grows red or green to tell your child when to wake up.
Two Alarms - Features two alarms, perfect for a weekday alarm time and then a separate weekend alarm time.
Nap Timer - Let your child know when his or her nap is up by setting a nap timer.
Sleep Training Technology for Toddlers
Technology has now invaded the toddler space (and baby space!) The Hatch Baby, Amazon Echo and Urban Hello REMI are good examples of how smart home devices are being designed to help your baby and toddler sleep. If you are interested in tech and using it for parenting, these are great examples of products that do that.
Amazon Echo Dot Features Great Kids Alarm Clock
YES! The Amazon Echo Dot makes a great kids alarm clock. The best part is that it works with any age child to adult. While not this isn't something you would think of as a traditional toddler alarm clocks – this is what we have moved to for our kids!
Every night since our littles were babies, we’ve had music playing in their room. With the Amazon Echo Dot – we have been able to set up a music playlist and play that for them as they go to sleep AND set up an alarm for the morning. This keeps them in bed until the alarm goes off.
I do recommend locking down your Amazon Echo Dot so that you don’t have children ordering things, but it’s easy to do.
Of all of the toddler alarm clocks that we have listed - if you want a clock that will last your child thru toddlerhood, the Amazon Echo Dot will be it!
The rating on the Amazon Echo Dot is off the charts, understandably so. It’s received 4.5 stars with over 19.2k reviews! We have multiple Echo Dots and an Echo in our home and use them daily. This is definitely a tech home device that we recommend. The variety of services that this little thing does is amazing - far beyond just a clock.
Hatch Baby Rest Sleep System
Let's look at how technology and toddler alarm clocks have merged with these next 2 options.
If I were to have another baby, the Hatch Baby Rest would be on my baby registry! This device is a great example of how products can grow with your kids - from baby to toddler. The Hatch Baby Rest sleep system is a package of products put into one, wrapped with cool technology. Let me explain.
With Hatch Baby Rest, you get a night light, sound machine and has a time-to-rise feature that works similar to the other sleeping training clocks for toddlers we are featuring. This product is packed with features, here are a few:
- App Controlled Toddler Alarm Clock - that's right, you setup the Hatch Baby Rest with your smart phone.
- Toddler Clock Schedule - Program your toddler schedule into the Hatch Baby Rest app to make the device light up so that your child knows when to do what.
- Sound Machine - Help the sleep training toddler with a sound machine, again it's all in the app!
- Night Light - If you child sleeps better with a night light, this is one of the features of this product.
- Time to Rise Indicator - In addition to the plethora of other features, there is a time to rise indicator that works similar to the other light alarm clocks.
Urban Hello REMI
Similar to the Hatch Baby Rest, the Urban Hello REMI takes technology and created a product to help you help your toddler sleep. The huge difference between the Urban Hello vs Hatch Baby Rest is that the Urban Hello also has a built in baby monitor that allows you secure two-way communication with your child.
This is another product that you can use with an infant - then continues with various services through-out childhood.
The Urban Hello features a face that is either awake or asleep. If the face is sleeping, then your child knows to go back to sleep. If the face is awake, your kid know it's okay to wake and get out of bed. From sleep tracking to a bluetooth speaker, here are the features that the Urban Hello REMI offers:
- Toddler Alarm Clock App - The Urban Hello works thru an app on your phone.
- Sleep Tracker for Toddlers and Kids - Get sleeping data on your child with the app and the REMI device.
- Sleep Trainer - The face on the device lets your kids know when to wake and when to sleep.
- Sensors - The REMI features sensors that measure both sound levels and room temperatures all are recorded in the app. This is super helpful to determine reasons that your child is waking up. Maybe it's too warm or too cold, or maybe a sound startled him or her.
- Bluetooth Speaker - Stream music on your REMI via bluetooth.
- Wake Up To Music - You can choose which music you want your child to wake-up to.
- Secure Two-Way Communication Audio Baby Monitor - Talk to your child from anywhere using your smartphone. You can also activate noise alert and get a notification when there is a noise in your child's room.
Alarm Clock Sleep is Real!
One of the hardest parenting challenges was when I had to get the kids to child care and we had a strict morning routine. After finding a kid-friendly alarm clock, we were able to help teach the kids when to sleep and when to get up with the clocks. Alarm clock sleep worked amazing for us in helping create a productive and efficient morning routine. As a working mom, every minute was critical - this simple purchase and element to our mornings was a game changer.
These sleep clocks to help your kid with sleep training and making your toddler clock schedule work.
Argos Children's Alarm Clock – Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer Clock
Here is the Glo-Clock Sleep Trainer, also known as the Argo Children’s Alarm. It features a pleasant glow of light – not to bright and the concept is unique. The stars disappear over the night, so when your child wakes up in the night. Your toddler instantly knows how long they have until morning by how many stars are left.
In the morning, at the designated time, the last star and the big star disappear, and the sun comes out as the face color changes to yellow. The kids know they are allowed to get up when the sun comes up.
Toddler Alarm Clock Bunny
This toddler alarm clock bunny – also known as the Claessens’ Kids Sleep Classic Sleep Training Bunny Clock features:
- The Claessens’ Kids Kid’Sleep Classic Sleep Trainer teaches kids when it is time to sleep and when it is time to get up.
- The sleeping bunny character is illuminated and the child knows he or she has to sleep a while longer. There are three different brightness settings within the display.
- At the time set by the parents by means of the timer, the bunny character changes to the wake-up position. The child knows that he or she can get up!
- There are two-time settings, one for the morning and one for the afternoon nap.
Boon Glo Balls
How cool are these Boon Glo Balls? Not an alarm clock, but this will help you in your sleep training your toddlers!
You can take the glow balls with you – no more dark trips to the bathroom for a potty break. They are portable night lights! Your toddler will love this clock as it also doubles as a portable nightlight. The Boon Glo Balls glow lasts for 30 minutes and make the best kids nightlights.
OK To Wake Owl Clock
This adorable OK to Wake Owl clock is a night light and toddler clock in a non-traditional sense all-in-one. It has received 3.5 stars on Amazon.
The OK to Wake light Owl teaches kids to sleep in so you can too! OK to Wake Owl's face illuminates in two colors: a soft yellow glow in the evening comforts kids as they fall asleep. In the morning, Owl's face turns green when it's “OK to Wake!” (a time that parents can select). You kids will quickly learn the morning routine, giving parents extra sleep.
Next, this adorable Owl also plays lullabies and gives kids gentle reminders to stay in bed when its tummy is pressed at night or in the wee hours of the morning. A convenient nap timer function (up to 12 hours – that's a LONG nap!) is another added convenience that parents love. When nap time is over, the Owl’s face glows green to show that it’s “OK to Wake!” Pressing the Owl’s tummy plays a fun wake-up tune.
Kids Traffic Lights Alarm Clock for Sleep Training Toddlers
Next on our list of toddler alarm clocks, we have the kids traffic lights alarm clock for sleep training toddlers.
With the Stoplight Alarm Clock - toddlers know if it’s time to get up by looking at the stoplight. When the red light is on it is time to sleep – when the green light is on it is time to wake up. This color changing clock for toddlers is a parent favorite.
This kids traffic lights clock has several features:
- Stop Light Feature: The traffic lights work in the manner that they do it real life. Red - STOP, time to sleep. Green - GO, okay to wake up now!
- Digital Clock - Beeping alarm when the wake-up time hits
The adorable stoplight alarm clock comes in several varieties, including a train alarm clock and owl clock too!
Little Tikes Discover Sounds Alarm Clock
Little Tikes Discover Sounds alarm clock is the perfect toddler clock for your younger toddlers. The clock will say the time.
This product appears to be discontinued.
Diggin Thomas The Tank Alarm Clock
Fans of Thomas the Tank will love this 2-in-1 bedtime training clock and night light.
This product appears to be discontinued.
Rocket Alarm Clock for Kids
My space loving 8-year-old received this Rocket projection alarm clock as a Christmas gift and loves it! While it’s not the best at teaching how to tell time, it’s perfect for an outer space bedroom. This rocket clock features lenses that project a digital clock and galactic images onto the wall or ceiling.
Sleep Buddy – Toddler Sleep Training System
Next up, we have the Sleep Buddy toddler sleep training system. This toddler sleep training clock is designed to help your tot learn when he or she should stay in bed.
The sleep training system includes:
- SleepBuddy light
- Children’s book
- Reward chart
- Step-by-step parent’s guide to sleep training
- Instructions on how to use toddler alarm clock
This product appears to be discontinued.
When To Start Using an Alarm Clock
As you sleep train your toddler and transition him or her from the crib to a big boy bed (or big girl bed), it’s time to introduce the alarm clock. We are big believers in each child will have their own way of learning and with that, you have to adapt how you parent each kid.
Favorite Clock for Toddlers
Which of these toddler alarm clocks is your favorite? What tips for toddler sleep do you have for other parents? Leave your tip and favorite in the comments!
Help teach your toddler how long to stay in bed when it is okay to get out of bed and some toddler alarm clocks even have a timeout time! These toddler alarm clocks serve multiple functions and are essential during these trying years. Find one that will be the perfect addition to your kid's room.
Something to note. If you need a baby gift for a baby shower, or birthday gift for a toddler - give the gift of sanity, consider one of the above clocks for kids. The kids will love it and even more so, the well rested parents!
Frequently Asked Questions About Toddler Alarm Clocks
We hear you, and have answers to your most frequently asked questions about Toddler Alarm Clocks. Let's get into these and answer some of your FAQs.
Do toddler alarm clocks work?
YES! Toddler alarms work great. We have successfully used with 2 out of 4 of our kids. Our first 2 children, we would have used but it was early internet days and we had no idea a toddler wake up clock existed!
Where to buy toddler alarm clock?
We are Amazon people and buy everything but groceries on Amazon. So just use a link above to buy one of the clocks.
What is the best alarm clock app?
For adults, I would use the alarm clock app that comes with your phone. If you are looking for a toddler alarm clock app - check out the Hatch clocks listed above. You will want more than just an app to help keep your child in bed.
Transitioning your toddler from a crib to a bed? Check out these toddler bed ideas.
Last updated: 1/7/19 featuring the best-rated alarms for toddlers in 2019.. This post was originally created in 2012. Each year we revise this post to include the most relevant and up-to-date products to help you in your search for the perfect kid's clock.