In order to keep you up-to-date with the best toddler alarm clocks, we update this post regularly. Last updated: 2/12/17. We have revised to include the best rated alarms for toddlers.
Sleep training your toddler? Check out these toddler alarm clocks that will help a child who can’t tell time understand when it’s okay to get out of bed. Parenting toddlers is all kinds of crazy, if they get a little more sleep – that will give mom and dad more sleep as well!
Here is a round up of the best toddler alarm clocks.
Best Toddler Alarm Clocks for Sleep Training
I survived the toddler years with our 2 older kids and am now going through it now with another 2 toddlers! You can survive these years (at least, I hope – these last 2 are quite challenging.) It’s all about finding things that work for you.
One of the hardest challenges when I had to get the kids to child care and we had a strict morning routine was finding a kid friendly alarm clock. I have had many friends recommend these and am glad to share these here. I hope they work well as you sleep train your toddler. As you transition your toddler from the crib to a big boy bed (or big girl bed), it’s time to introduce the alarm clock.
Here is a fabulous assortment of the best toddler alarm clocks that have different functions to help with sleep training. Help teach your toddler how long to stay in bed, when it is okay to get out of bed and a some toddler alarm clocks even have a time out time! These toddler alarm clocks serve multiple functions and are an essential during these trying years. Find one that will be the perfect edition to yours kid’s room.
Amazon Echo Dot
First, let’s start with the Echo Dot. While not this isn’t something you would think of as a traditional toddler alarm clocks – this is what we have moved to for our kids! Why? Every night since our littles were babies, we’ve had music playing in their room. With the Amazon Echo Dot – we have been able to setup a music playlist and play that for them as they go to sleep AND set up an alarm for the morning. This keeps them in bed until the alarm goes off. I do recommend locking down your Amazon Echo Dot so that you don’t have children ordering things, but it’s easy to do.
The rating on the Amazon Echo Dot is off the charts, understandably so. It’s received 4.5 stars with over 19.2k reviews! We have multiple Echo Dots and an Echo in our home and use them daily. This is definitely a tech home device that we recommend.
Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock & Night-Light
Next, we have the Teach Me Time Talking Clock. This is one of the best rated kid alarm clocks with over 2,200+ reviews and a 4-star rating. With those reviews, you can say this is definitely a good choice!
A few things to note about the Teach Me Time Talking:
- This child’s bedside alarm clock features a time-teaching educational game, and dual-color nightlight all in one!
- Three interchangeable color rings are included.
- The night-light is a soft yellow in the evening, and turns green in the morning (parent programmable) so children know when it’s OK to get out of bed!
- As your child grows, they can play with the interactive talking time-teaching game. It has five adjustable skill levels and teaches time-telling concepts on the analog and digital clock faces
- For older children: Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock is a fully-functional alarm clock with snooze–just like mom and dad’s! So this will grow with your kids!
- Included is a USB cord and will need 2 AA batteries.
Okay to Wake Alarm Clock
Now, let’s look at the OK to Wake toddler alarm. It is ranked 4-stars on Amazon with over 2,200 reviews! The OK to Wake clock features a color changing night-light timer teaching children to stay in bed longer in the morning so parents get more sleep (at least that’s the plan!). Set this bedside alarm clock next to your tot’s bed and let sleep training begin.
A few things else to note about the OK to Wake alarm:
- This clock features a color-changing night-light that teaches children to stay in bed longer so families get better sleep!
- It is 4.5″ and is perfect for your child’s bedside table.
- The clock is soft yellow night-light and glows green when it’s OK for your child to get out of bed
- OK to Wake features an alarm clock with snooze, convenient nap timer, interchangeable faceplates, and fun animations that give this personality!
- This is easy for parents to program – the idea is that this will grows with families by helping them get more sleep, and teach children independence and help with sleep training.
Argos Childrens Alarm Clock – Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer Clock
Here is the Glo-Clock Sleep Trainer, also known as the Argo Children’s Alarm. It features a pleasant glow of light – not to bright and the concept is unique. The stars disappear over the night, so when your child wakes up in the night, they instantly know how long they have until morning by how many stars are left. In the morning, at the designated time, the last star and the big star disappear, and the sun comes out as the face color changes to yellow. The kids know they are allowed to get up when the sun comes up.
Bunny Toddler Alarm Clock
This bunny toddler alarm – also known as the Claessens’ Kids Kid’Sleep Classic Sleep Trainer comes in both blue and pink. Here are a few features you should know about:
- The Claessens’ Kids Kid’Sleep Classic Sleep Trainer teaches kids when it is time to sleep and when it is time to get up.
- The sleeping bunny character is illuminated and the child knows he or she has to sleep a while longer. There are three different brightness settings within the display.
- At the time set by the parents by means of the timer, the bunny character changes to the wake-up position. The child knows that he or she can get up!
- There are two time settings, one for the morning and one for the afternoon nap.
Boon Glo Balls
How cool are these Boon Glo Balls? Not an alarm clock, but this will help you in your sleep training your toddlers! You can take the glow balls with you – no more dark trips to the bathroom for a potty break. Your toddler will love this clock as it also doubles as a portable nightlight. The Boon Glo Balls glow lasts for 30 minutes.
Zazoo Photo Clock
You can customize how your child wakes up with the Zazoo photo clock. Use your PhotoClock as a traditional clock with an audio alarm. The clock comes with display options that may include the time only or time and date.
There are several options for the audio alarm tone including ringing, beeping or waking to music. Use one of the pre-loaded songs for the alarm tone or wake to any song of your choice. The Zazoo photo alarm clock is also a digital photo frame!
OK To Wake! Owl With Night-Light & Music, Nap Timer
This cuddly OK to Wake! Owl is a night light and toddler clark in a non-traditional sense all-in-one. It has received 3.5 stars on Amazon. The OK to Wake Owl teaches kids to sleep in so you can too! OK to Wake! Owl’s face illuminates in two colors: a soft yellow glow in the evening comforts kids as they fall asleep. In the morning, Owl’s face turns green when it’s “OK to Wake!” (a time that parents can select). You kids will quickly learn the morning routine, giving parents extra sleep.
Next, this adorable Owl also plays lullabies and gives kids gentle reminders to stay in bed when its tummy is pressed at night or in the wee hours of the morning. A convenient nap timer function (up to 12 hours – thats a LONG nap!) is another added convenience that parents love. When nap time is over, the Owl’s face glows green to show that it’s “OK to Wake!” Pressing the Owl’s tummy plays a fun wake-up tune.
Stoplight Sleep Enhancing Clock
With the Stoplight Sleep Enhancing Toddler Alarm Clocks toddlers know if it’s time to get up by looking at the stoplight. When the red light is on it is time to sleep – when the green light is on it is time to wake up.
Here are some reasons this may work for your while sleep training your little:
- Sleep enhancing alarm clock for kids featuring a stoplight and sculpted figure
- Toddlers know if it’s time to get up by looking at the stoplight
- Red light means it’s time to sleep; green light means it’s time to wake up
- Digital clock and optional beeping alarm function included
- Features a friendly boy driving a red and blue car with sports emblems
Kid’Sleep My First Alarm Clock
Pink, pretty and a high rating on Amazon! The Kid Sleep My First Alarm Clock will help your little one wake up when it’s time to wake up and help teach your toddler how to read a clock.
Little Tikes Discover Sounds Alarm Clock
Little Tikes Discover Sounds alarm clock is the perfect toddler clock for your younger toddlers. The clock will say the time.
Onaroo Night Owl Portable Night-Light with OK to Wake!
Perfect for your little night owl, this portable night light works as a night light and glows green in the morning when it’s okay to get out of bed.
Diggin Thomas The Tank Go Glow Sleep Training Clock
Fans of Thomas the Tank will love this 2-in-1 bedtime training clock and night light.
Rocket Projection Alarm Digital Clock
My 8-year-old has this and loves this, but you know who loves it more? Our toddler! While it’s not the best at teaching how to tell time, it’s perfect for an outer space bedroom. So, definitely check it out!
Sleep Buddy – Toddler Sleep Training System
Next up, we have the Sleep Buddy toddler sleep training system. This is designed to help your tot learn when he or she should stay in bed. The sleep training system includes a SleepBuddy light, a children’s book, a reward chart and a step-by-step parent’s guide to sleep training. As a result, can help you and your kid get a better nights sleep!
My Tot Toddler Alarm Clock
The My Tot Clock changes colors to teach your toddlers when to sleep and when it’s okay to wake up by using lights (blue light means sleep – yellow light means okay to wake up.)
This toddler clock also plays bedtime stories, lullabies, white noise and wake up music! With a clock face, your toddler will also be able to see the time as he learns to tell time. The lights make a great night light, as a result – this is multi-functioning! This toddler alarm clock even has a built-in timeout timer and a toddler activity manager for positive activities.
Favorite Kid Alarm Clocks for Toddlers
Which of these toddler alarm clocks is your favorite? What tips for toddler sleep do you have for other parents? So, leave your tip and favorite in the comments!
Transitioning your toddler from a crib to a bed? Check out these toddler bed ideas.