By: Posted on Published:
Post may contain affiliate links that help support Digital Mom Blog.
BEST MEATBALL RECIPE EVER. That’s right.
In honor of National Meatball Day – I have a treat for you. MEATBALLS – and not just ANY meatballs – THE BEST. No seriously. My kids eat these by the dozen. I am so not even kidding, our third child will devour 6 and will beg for more.
A few weeks ago, I met Chef Kenny Bowers from the fabulous Kenny’s Italian Kitchen here in Dallas (and Kenny’s Burgers, Kenny’s Wood Fired Grill and Kenny’s Smoke House). He hosted a few of us bloggers at his Italian restaurant and taught us how to make his midnight meatballs and woah – talk about YUMMY!
Best Meatballs Ever!
I went many years as a Vegan, but now eat limited red meat. Kenny suggested trying this with ground chicken or ground turkey. I went ahead and made with ground beef and it was NOM.
Another thing you will see in the recipe is no egg. I don’t know why I am surprised, I always used eggs in meatballs. Instead, Kenny creates a “bread soup” out of milk and regular white bread. This acts as the binding ingredient to keep it all together and adds wonderful flavor.
Best Meatball Recipe by Chef Kenny Bowers of Kenny’s Italian Kitchen
- 12 oz (3/4 of a loaf) white bread
- 3 cups whole milk
- black pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 oz basil
- 4 lbs ground beef, pork or sausage (whichever you prefer)
- Tear bread into small pieces approximately
- In a large bowl, combine milk and bread.
- Mix together by hand making sure bread is completely dissolved in milk to form a soupy paste like consistency.
- Add salt, pepper, cheese, basil and mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Gently mix in meat making sure everything is evenly mixed
- With slightly wet hands for 4 oz balls. OR if you are like me, I use a melon baller because I can’t stand touching raw meat!
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until medium brown (internal temp of 160 degrees). You can also crock pot these – place on low and cook for several hours.
YUM! The kids absolutely devoured the best meatballs and demanded more. We put our’s on toasted hot dog buns (I realized I didn’t have any spaghetti noodles!) with marinara and melted cheese. Next time I make these, I am making more and freezing them.
Not in the mood to make the best meatball ever – or just want some AMAZING Italian food while in Dallas? Head to Kenny’s Italian Kitchen in Addison (which is just north of Dallas.) On Sunday nights from 4-close, he has a special $1 meatball deal. Just a $1 a meatball. Think you can eat more than 18 meatballs? If you can, come on down and you’ll get your meal for free!
Kenny’s Italian Kitchen
5100 Beltline, Suite 764
And might I add the Tiramisu martini at Kenny’s is to DIE for. Amazing. But watch out – these drinks are STRONG (but oh, so YUM!)
Mom to 4 kids, Molly Thornberg aka Digital Mom is the blogger-in-chief here at digitalmomblog.com. She likes to keep it real, overshares on her personal Insta-stories, tries her best to show grace and always appreciates a funny meme. Molly appreciates the unique things in life, and is a Ennegagram 7w8.