By: Posted on Published:
Post may contain affiliate links that help support Digital Mom Blog.
I so love Christmas, and yes – we are those people who put up their tree and Christmas lights before Thanksgiving, judge me if you must but I go ELF like as soon as the temperature dips below 65 (i’m in Texas.)
We are slowly upgrading our old incandescent Christmas lights from old school to LED Christmas lights.
5 Reasons to Upgrade To LED Christmas Lights
- LED lights are 80 percent more energy efficient than incandescent lights.
- LED Christmas lights last approximately 20 years seven times longer than incandescent holiday string lights.
- LED lights are also a safer option for Christmas decorating because they dont heat up and are extremely durable.
- With advanced LED technology, the lights can even have the same warm colors found in old incandescent lights.
- LED holiday lights are tough to break. So theyre likely to last much longer than regular lights.
Ready to upgrade? From November 5 through 15, 2015, bring any old (working condition or not) incandescent Christmas light strings to a local The Home Depot store for recycling and receive a discount toward the purchase of energy efficient LED holiday lights. For each string of lights, receive a coupon (limit of five redemptions per customer). In-store only.
Coupons for Christmas Light Trade-In:
- $5 off EcoSmart or Lightshow LED Christmas lights
- $4 off Martha Stewart or GE LED Christmas lights
- $3 off Home Accents Holiday LED Christmas lights
Not a bad deal, thanks Home Depot!
Mom to 4 kids, Molly Thornberg aka Digital Mom is the blogger-in-chief here at digitalmomblog.com. She likes to keep it real, overshares on her personal Insta-stories, tries her best to show grace and always appreciates a funny meme. Molly appreciates the unique things in life, and is a Ennegagram 7w8.