Kohler Touchless Toilet Review – because who wants to touch a toilet, especially when you have toddler boys.
Auto Flushing Toilet
We’ve all been to the mall or restaurant where you go pee, stand up and the toilet auto flushes. You don’t have to touch the dirty toilet handle, it’s a dream for us germ-a-phobes.
he only thing I DON’T like about those auto-flushing toilets, is the fact that they scare the crap out of toddlers. “Scary toilet!” is what my kid calls them.
Kohler Touchless Toilet Review
What if you could make your toilet at home flush hands-free? Good news – Kohler has developed a product that let’s you do just that – yes, an hands-free toilet flushing experience could be in your future.
No more filthy toilet handle. To flush the toilet, you just waive your hand over the top of the tank and like magic – the toilet flushes.
We’re reviewing the Kohler Touchless Toilet. You guys. This is so cool.
Even better – no new toilet needed! Kohler sent us one of these and it fits right onto your current toilet.
We had our 4-year-old convinced for a week, until his older siblings ruined it – that he had to say “ABRACADABRA” and waive his hand over the toilet to make it flush. I wish I had gotten that on video!
Handsfree Toilet Flushing Video
I did get this demo to show you exactly how the auto-flushing toilet kit works with an existing toilet.
The Kohler toilet touchless flush kit is available at Amazon.
- Retrofits a standard toilet to touchless flush.
- Flush is activated by a no-touch sensor mounted inside the tank.
- Powered by 4 AA batteries (included).
- Works with most canister and flapper toilets.
- Not compatible with dual-flush, top-mount flush, pressure-assist, or ballcock valve toilets.
- Simple installation taking most people less than 20 minutes.
- Trip lever hole cover included.
- Optional hand indicator decal included (indicates where the touchless module is located inside of tank).
- Touchless Flush Kit comes complete with:
- Touchless module with sensor
- All mounting hardware
- Battery pack
- 4 AA batteries
- Trip lever hole cover
- Flush emblem for tank lid (use is optional)
- Installation and care guide
Let’s look at the toilet technology in the Kohler Touchless Toilet.
- Touchless module projects an electromagnetic field through the top of the tank lid that senses your hand, causing the toilet to flush.
- Touchless is compatible with a variety of water usage rates.
Final thoughts – if we move, I am going to miss this toilet.
Mom to 4 kids, Molly aka Digital Mom is the blogger-in-chief here at digitalmomblog.com. Talking technology and mom life, Molly shares the realities of parents digital kids.