So here’s the deal. We moved to the country, we now have a few acres and something we’ve wanted to do is find a way to keep dibs on what we can with a video system. We wanted an easy setup video surveillance system – the Netgear Arlo is our answer!
Netgear Arlo Review
We were able to setup the Netgear Nighthawk Router AND Netgear Arlo system in under an hour. How’s that for easy setup?
Let me give you a little detail on each and why you should consider the Netgear Arlo if you are looking at purchasing a video surveillance system.
The Netgear Arlo from Best Buy comes with 4 cameras. These cameras offer 720p quality video – with night vision. The cameras are extremely easy to install, easy to connect and are accessible via an app on your phone.
We placed the 4 cameras around our house to be able to view every angle. We can see when anyone pulls into the driveway. We can see out near the barn, the pool and the backyard play area. I can pull up the app from wherever and check each area to see what is going on. You can setup notifications to alert you if there is movement or setup a schedule. Videos area stored for 7 days in cloud storage.
The cameras are wire-free. Each Arlo camera runs on 4 CR123 lithium 3-volt photo batteries. The battery life is 4-6 months with normal usage. The cameras attach easily to the mounts and the mounts require a screw to install – easy, peasy.
Netgear Nighthawk DST Router
To ensure that we have adequate WIFI coverage – we setup the Netgear Nighthawk DST router. Here’s a few things to know about the Netgear Nighthawk:
- AC1900 high-performance WiFi router with Dead Spot Terminator eliminates your WiFi dead zones
- 1GHz dual core processor
- Supports 10+ connected devices
- Advanced features for lag-free gaming
- Prioritized bandwidth for streaming videos or music
- DST Adapter sets up in minutes – no need to configure or install software
- DST Adapter indicates the connection strength at any electrical outlet
Get Rid of WIFI Dead Spots
DST stands for DEAD SPOT TERMINATOR – do you have a dead WIFI spot in your house? The Nighthawk DST comes with a DST adapter that you can plug in where your WIFI needs some boosting. It will carry your signal to make sure you have a strong connection thru out your house.
This was essential as we are covering nearly half an acre with our cameras so want to make sure that we have WIFI access to each.
TIP: If you hate setting up routers or just have no idea where to start, good news. When you purchase the Nighthawk DST at Best Buy – it includes Geek Squad setup and support! My husband ended up setting our’s up (he is a computer engineer by trade.) We were up and running in 10 minutes.
Here’s specifics on the Netgear Arlo video surveillance system and Nighthawk Router
Arlo by Netgear:
The 4 camera set is an ONLY AT BEST BUY product. Customers can buy Arlo cameras at other retailers, but can only purchase this exclusive set a great value at $499.99, ay Best Buy. This products enables you to safeguard your home or business with the 4 motion-activated Netgear Arlo Smart Home security cameras
- Downloadable apps enable you to view live video from your compatible Android, Apple® iOS, Amazon Kindle, Windows or Mac device
- Completely wire free, for use inside and outside weatherproof for temperatures ranging from 14° to 122°
- Enables you to capture 720p video footage both during the day and at night , with a 130° field of view
- Motion-activated design automatically records motion once detected, sending e-mail or app notifications
Comes with 6 magnetic camera mounts and 9 mounting screws, for easy installation on a wall or flat surface
- Works with other Netgear products
Netgear® Nighthawk DST Router and DST Adapter with Geek Squad included new and exclusively at Best Buy
This is a brand new router that was exclusively developed between Netgear, an industry leader in the networking world, and Best Buy, to help provide consumers with an easy, all-in-one solution to support their homes connected devices. As the number of Wi-Fi dependent products increase in a home the average US household has 7 connected devices from smart phones (often several in a home), to tablets, to laptops, to computers, and Wi-Fi printers, this puts a strain on the homes network, especially the router. With the interest in online gaming and 4k TVs, connected devices such as smart thermostats, plus the need to stream shows from Netflix or hulu, it places even more demands on the network. Many households may experience slow Wi-Fi, dropped calls, or experience dead zones which could be improved upon with an AC router, Wi-Fi extenders and expert help.
- The AC1900 comes with one DST, or Dead Spot Terminator, adapter to eliminate your Wi-Fi dead zones; place it in an area where you get little/no reception, to improve Wi-Fi access. Additional adapters can be purchased for other dead zones.
- This high-performance router was built to support 10+ connected devices you can also prioritize devices for streaming videos or music, and included advanced features for lag-free gaming
- See additional fact sheets for both the Router and DST adapter
- Best Buy makes it easy with this new high performance Wi-Fi router, which includes a Wi-Fi extender and Geek Squad Set Up and Support via phone & web, for one full year.
- The Geek Squad service via phone & web allows customers to call or get help 24/7 whenever they want, vs. the need to schedule an appointment.
Thanks Best Buy for sponsoring this post.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
Mom to 4 kids, Molly Thornberg aka Digital Mom is the blogger-in-chief here at digitalmomblog.com. She likes to keep it real, overshares on her personal Insta-stories, tries her best to show grace and always appreciates a funny meme. Molly appreciates the unique things in life, and is a Ennegagram 7w8.