By: Posted on Published:
Post may contain affiliate links that help support Digital Mom Blog.
Create a simple happy morning surprise with heart shaped cinnamon rolls!
It’s Valentine’s Day. For our kids, rather than the typical heart shaped candy fare – we do a few sweet things for them as an extra reminder that we love them.
Yes, free rent should be enough – but kids. While usually I would go to the donut shop and pick up some sweets – our son who is recovering from strep said he wanted at home cinnamon rolls. What that means is good ol’ canned cinnamon rolls.
Easy Heart Cinnamon Rolls
We have made cinnamon rolls in the waffle maker – which the kids love, but with it being the holiday of love, decided to try something new… heart shaped cinnamon rolls.
How cute are these heart cinnamon rolls! Perfect for breakfast for anniversary, Valentine’s day or even just a cute way to start any day off with some fun.
Learn how to make heart shaped cinnamon rolls. This is a fun way to make breakfast extra special. Perfect anniversary breakfast idea, for Valentine's day or any day that you want to make breakfast special.
- Can of Cinnamon Rolls
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Sheet
- Glass Bowl
- Lay your parchment paper onto your baking sheet.
- Open can of cinnamon rolls. Place icing to the side.
- Unravel each cinnamon roll and place onto the parchment sheet.
- One-by-one, take the cinnamon roll dough and create a heart shape.
- Cook heart shaped cinnamon rolls for the time specified on the can. (Approximately 10 minutes.)
- Once your heart cinnamon rolls are done, remove from the oven.
- Empty the icing that came with the cinnamon roll can into a glass bowl
- Microwave icing in bowl for approximately 30 seconds, melting the icing.
- Once cinnamon rolls are cooled enough for you to touch, pick up each heart shaped cinnamon roll and dunk one side of the heart into the bowl of melted icing.
- Place the icing covered heart cinnamon roll back onto the parchment paper.
- Enjoy these adorably cute heart shaped cinnamon rolls!
Amount of cinnamon rolls varies depending on the amount in the can.
Easy Fun Breakfast Idea
These heart shaped cinnamon rolls are an easy fun breakfast idea! They only take a few minutes and if you are like us, and always have can cinnamon rolls at the ready – no need for a trip to the grocery store!
Melted Icing Cinnamon Rolls are the Best
A simple trick for making can cinnamon rolls extra yummy is melting the icing. As shown in our heart shape cinnamon rolls video, you can see we melted the icing.
This changes the flavor of the cinnamon roll! So literal, game changer! Who knew cute cinnamon rolls were a thing?
More Heart Shaped Food Fun
Other ways we are celebrating LOVE is with a heart shaped pizza for dinner and a Nothing Bundt cake.
While Nothing Bundt Cake currently don’t make heart shaped bundt cakes – they do make a red velvet bundt cake that is absolutely to die for. I’d rather spend $22 on a red velvet Nothing Bundt cake than some crappy chocolate in a heart box!
Enjoy your day and I hope this fun breakfast idea of heart-shaped cinnamon rolls makes it to your table. Send me a photo at editor at digital mom blog dot com if you do. I’d love to feature them!
View all of our Valentine’s Day Fun!