Hopefully this review of the Canon 70D will give you a glimpse into the unexpected awesomeness of this camera. Before I start, you need to know 2 things.
1. I am a die hard Canon fan.
Okay, now let’s chat. Every Christmas morning, we are talking the WEE hours of the morning – think 3 am, my husband and I are always still awake wrapping presents and setting up for the big Christmas morning hoo-ha with the kids. We always exchange gifts when it’s just me and him. It’s our little Christmas with just us two.
His big gift was still at my sister’s. I totally forgot to pick it up. She had been hiding it for me. I gave him his small gifts and then he handed me two presents.
The first, a gift card to nail place. The second, I DID NOT SEE coming. It was the Canon 70D. He knew I wanted a new camera, and was saving up for the Canon 7D, so I thought – CRAP – I can’t say anything – he totally bought the wrong camera on accident! He totally misheard me.
Best Gift Ever
My patient loving husband, sat there waiting for me to open the camera box. Before I could say anything he blurted…. I researched and researched and I KNOW you wanted the 7D – but this is a WAY better camera, I promise. It took me 48 hours and price matching (yes, I am cheap and want to make sure he gets the best deal for this!) for me to officially accept this gift and woah, can you say BEST GIFT EVER?
I use my camera for my job just about everyday, but this was way more than I ever expected.
Canon 70D Review
Let’s talk review the Canon 70D and then we will look at the reasons my husband chose this over the Canon 7D. Also, here’s a list of the cameras I have had to get to where we are now:
I told you I was a Canon fan! While I LOVE my Canon 60D, I was thinking maybe we would move full-frame. And the Canon EOS -M is pretty much my husband’s camera at this point. Those were my valid reasons for wanting to upgrade to the 7D. I am totally in love with the 70D, and here is why:
- 20.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- ISO 100-12800 (awesome in a variety of light)
- DIGIC 5+ Image Processor (super fast and great image quality)
- Full HD Movie Mode WITH auto focus (yes, it auto focuses when shooting video!!)
- 3.0 inch Touch Screen (This is AWESOME when navigating through the menus and selecting focus points)
- 98% Field of View
- WIFI Enabled (I can take photos with my iPhone AND download them to my phone, how cool is that – same with the computer!)
I just can’t get over how much I love this!
Canon 70D vs Canon 7D
- 18 megapixels – 7D vs 20.2 megapixels – 70D
- 70D is WIFI enabled
- 70D features a touchscreen monitor (that swings out like the 60D)
- ISO 100-6400 – 7D vs ISO 100-12800 – 70D
- DIGIC 4+ -7D vs DIGIC 5+ – 70D
I think he made a great choice. I love the Canon 70D.
If you are in the market for a new DSLR, want more than an entry level DSLR – but not ready to spend buy a camera that costs as much as a used car – definitely give the Canon 70D a whirl.