By: Posted on Published:
Post may contain affiliate links that help support Digital Mom Blog.
This Instant Pot rice pudding recipe is super simple and easily adaptable. If you are a fan of the rice pudding, try this dessert idea – we will show you how!
Our family has a deep love for rice pudding. It was a staple for many year’s at my father-in-law’s annual little Christmas event. Then we found a shop in NYC that made a pudding that explodes with flavor. This was our inspiration for this recipe!
As a meal hack, we make extra rice so that we already have the main ingredient for this delicious dessert dish. This recipe is super simple.
Also, if you aren’t making rice in your Instant Pot, make sure you read our post: How to Make Instant Pot Rice – seriously best rice ever.
We use leftover rice for this recipe. Since we typically use Japanese white rice, this is what is used with this recipe. Make sure to try the add-ins to customize the rice pudding to be as unique as you!
Based on the Rice to Riches rice pudding, we created this Instant Pot recipe that is sweet and delicious.
Here is our favorite Instant Pot Rice Pudding recipe. It’s super simple and delish!
- 2 Cups White Rice (We prefer Japanese sticky rice)
- 1 Packet Vanilla Pudding
- 1.5 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Can Sweet Condensed Milk (You can adjust this to make it sweeter, or less sweet)
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp Nutmeg (Optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla (Optional)
- Make rice in the Instant Pot. Check out our how to make rice recipe if you haven’t made rice in the IP before.
- Mix your vanilla pudding mix with the milk in a side mixing bowl.
- After your rice is finished, mix in the sweet condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and then your vanilla pudding mix.
- The rice pudding will be nice and gooey. Add more milk if you desire a thinner pudding.
- Enjoy! We like to top our’s with more cinnamon. My husband likes to add in raisins to his rice pudding, but I don’t – so am not including that in this recipe 🙂
We are assuming that you have prepped the rice. If you are having the make rice for this recipe, please add 30-45 minutes of prep time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Rice Pudding Add-ins
You can customize with various options. We like to use this dessert after making Instant Pot rice – we will make extra just for making rice pudding.
Here are a few ideas for customizing your rice pudding:
- Chocolate chips and marshmallows
- Chocolate syrup
- Cream cheese that is mixed with sugar and vanilla (this makes a cheesecake rice pudding!)
- Raisins – my husband includes boiled raisins. I’m not a fan, but hey – to each their own.
Here is where I found my inspiration for adding in sweets to rice pudding.
If you LOVE pudding, don’t miss our round up of Instant Pot Pudding Recipes!
Best Rice Pudding Ever
My favorite Rice Pudding in the world is Rice to Riches. If you are ever in New York, or want to drop a nice amount of money for delicious rice yumminess delivered to your door – make sure to check them out! My friends, Mel and Josh had this huge cooler delivered to us with a few bowls of overnighted rice pudding.
Check out Rice to Riches daily flavors for add-in ideas!
It was amazing and I pretended it had zero calories.
Years ago, we traveled to New York when our 2 oldest kids were little (3 years old and 9 months.) It was November, FREEZING cold and we had no idea how to get around the city. BUT where there is a will, there is a way and we found our way to Rice to Riches and it was absolutely the best rice pudding ever.
Last year, I took my teen to NYC for her 16th birthday. We enjoyed a big bowl of Rice to Riches pudding. It will always be a stop when visiting the big apple!