This past weekend, we enjoy the Hilton Anatole Dallas for the ultimate family staycation. We are a family of 6. Yes, I’m a mom to 4 kids – so that means wherever we go, whether it be Target or the Anatole – it is an adventure. The Hilton Anatole was an adventure that our family won’t forget.
Hilton Anatole Dallas and Jade Waters Family Review
Let’s first talk about the Hilton Anatole Dallas Resort. If you are not familiar with this hotel, I should point out a few things. This Dallas landmark is located off of I-35, next to downtown Dallas. In fact let me tease you with a view from our hotel room that featured the Dallas skyline.
While the resort itself is gorgeous, the main thing I want to tell you about is how family friendly this place is. As mentioned, 4 kids. Also mentioned, my kids be crazy. We have vacationed several times at the Hilton Anatole Dallas, and our family as a whole, has not once have I felt anything but welcomed. I can’t tell you how many times that we’ve traveled with our 4 kids and have had bad experiences with hotel staff. Not at the Anatole. They embrace family and as I’ll talk about further – have gone extra lengths to make sure that their facilities are family-centric.
Family Friendly Resort in Dallas, TX
Last year, the Anatole resort under went a massive renovation, revamping a large courtyard area into a pool complex called Jade Waters. The pool complex, in my opinion – was the perfect move to make the Hilton Anatole Dallas the ultimate family friendly resort.
Jade Waters itself is the perfect size for families. This past weekend, we spent a total of 10 hours in the Texas heat loving every minute of this place.
Here are the pool features that you won’t want to miss:
- 2 180-feet water slides
- kiddie pool area (with a water dump feature and kid water slide)
- activity pool (featuring basketball hoops)
- lazy river (3 feet deep and so relaxing)
- family swim area
- hot tub area
- adult pool with swim-up bar
- pool-side service (Order a drink or food and have it delivered to your chair)
- Jade Waters Cafe (Order the funnel fries. TRUST ME.)
- lawn activities (corn hole, anyone?)
- kid concierge
- countless kids activities!
While all of this is impressive, what I love even more is how it’s designed. At no time, did I ever feel panic on wondering where my kids are. This is a HUGE mom win, especially when trying to keep an eye on 4 kids. Yes, husband was with me – but he spent most of the time in the lazy river. With it being Father’s Day weekend, I told him to relax and enjoy the pool without worrying about the kids.
Side note: Jade Waters offers free life vest rentals. If you have an okay swimmer, or maybe even a non-swimmer – get a life vest. You can checkout a life vest at the Jade Waters front entrance.
When the kids weren’t swimming, they were participating in a plethora of planned activities. The Anatole has really worked hard to organize a great family experience for all ages. From family bingo to movie night, smores to a kids happy hour – there are a ton of familyy activities that will not disappoint.
I’m going to be TOTALLY honest and say that I looked at the Texas weather before our stay and just about died when I saw the heat index was going to be 105 degrees. I am a pale person, so is the rest of my family. We don’t handle the heat and I really didn’t think we would last long out in the sun. WRONG. The first day, we spent 8 non-stop hours swimming, playing and lounging. The next morning, we woke up for another 2 hours of fun. There are numerous chairs with umbrellas, in addition to Jade Waters itself being shaded by trees. The TEXAS HEAT DID NOT WIN. The water was perfect, and much fun was had!
Food and Beverages at the Anatole – Kids Eat Free!
Let’s face it – with 4 kids, feeding the children is something we always have to keep in mind. We enjoyed meals in our room, with room service, The Terrace, Media Grill, pool-side and at Counter Service.
No complaints with any of the meals and the best part – kids 12 and under eat dinner free in Media Grill and Counter Offer. You get one kids menu meal per adult entrée!
Tips for Families Staying at the Hilton Anatole Dallas
Here is a list of tips I would suggest for families when visiting Jade Waters and Hilton Anatole Dallas.
- Get to the Pool Early
- Stake out your spot for the day and the kids had zero line at the water slides for the first 30 minutes!
- Appreciate the Art
- Walk around the Anatole and enjoy all of the art exhibited. During our last visit, I MAY have told my kids that the statues were people who touched the art, and a kid MAY have reminded me of this ditty during our last stay. Seriously though, there are some amazing pieces featured!
- Eat at Media Grill and Counter Offer
- Make sure to take advantage of the 12 and under – kids eat free deal by eating at Media Grill and Counter Offer.
- Order the Carribean Colada Pool-side
- I mean, hello. If you appreciate pina coladas, you cannot go wrong with this drink.
- Plan Out Your Activities
- You will get a summer activity schedule when you check-in. Make sure to plan out your activities. There are a few things we missed when we were lounging in the lazy river for hours upon hours (glorious.) View all activities here.
- Bring Sunscreen
- Okay, this may seem like an obvious, but our last visit, I totally forgot the sunscreen. I made the kids re-apply 3 times the first day (and we still all were sunburnt!)
- Visit Geppetto’s Theater
- Did you know, deep in the basement of the Hilton Anatole there is a puppet theater? Yep and it really is adorable. Make it a point to visit, everything is handmade.
- Movie Night
- You don’t want to miss the movie on the lawn! We did this last summer and this summer, they have upgraded their equipment for an even better experience.
- Visit the Kid Concierge
- Take a break mid-day and let the kids visit the kid concierge. You can purchase snow cones, cookies, candy and a plethora of other kid-centric goodies!
From a Teen’s Perspective
Our 14-year-old daughter was with us. Typical teen, on her phone – checking Instagram every 30 minutes. WOAH, we are with the family. If you are going to be on your phone, do something productive. I asked her to make a video of our trip. Here is what she came up with. Love this, and this was just with iMovie. I can’t wait to teach her Adobe Premiere!
More About the Hotel
The hotel itself often caters to conferences, weddings and what have you. The Hilton Anatole Dallas features over 600,000 feet of event space, 11 ballrooms, 79 meeting rooms and 3 Executive Level floors. In addition to conference and event space, there is an extensive collection of museum-class fine art featured through-out the resort. There are several restaurants including the famous Dallas steakhouse SER Steak and Spirits. V-spa and The Verdanah Club (a health and fitness club) are also located on the Hilton Anatole’s property as well.
Visit the Anatole This Summer!
The 2017 Summer Season is from May 26 – Sep 4, 2017 (Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day). Find a weekend and enjoy a Dallas staycation. Let the kids swim. Order a drink and lounge.
Thanks to the Hilton Anatole for hosting us! We will be back!
- Read more about Jade Waters.
Content creator, lover of sweet wine and tacos and mom to 4 kids. Molly appreciates the unique things in life, is a Ennegagram 7w8 and has been blogging here at Digital Mom Blog for a very long time (10 years!)