YES, Beetlejuice memes are coming at you because I just heard that Michael Keaton signed on for Beetlejuice 2. But alas the more I read, this is totally gossip but gossip that I am down for.
I’m not down with horror movies, which one of my unnamed children called Beetlejuice scary. WRONG, its a comedy or more so a cult horror movie classic, directed by the one and only Tim Burton.
This movie goes down as one of my childhood favorites that unfortunately my kids just don’t understand. That’s on them.
Kids these days just can’t appreciate the greatness of the all star cast with Wynona Ryder, Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, the one and only Catherine O’Hara – the list goes on including Michael Keaton – the one and only Betelgeuse that they totally cannot recast because it just would suck without him.
Funny Beetlejuice Memes and 10 Facts about This Cult Horror Classic
Here’s what you came for, the Beetlejuice memes and the random cult horror classic movie facts! We are also sharing deets about Beetlejuice 2 sequel gossip so keep reading!
#1 Lydia Was Originally Supposed to Die in a Fire
In the original script, writer Larry Wilson and co-writer Michael McDowell had the movie ending with Lydia (Wynona Ryder’s character) dying in a fire so that she could enjoy the afterlife with Adam (Alec Baldwin) and Barbara (Geena Davis.)
Thankfully that script was scrapped when the writers realized it probably wasn’t such a great message to send to teen goth girls who would adore Lydia’s character. Source: Yahoo.com
#2 The Original Title was House Ghost
Before the movie was named Beetlejuice, the suggested title was House Ghost. Yeah, that name just sucks. The other name suggested was Scared Sheetless.
#3 Groucho Marx From Hell Was Michael Keaton’s Inspiration
The script writers encouraged Michael Keaton to get inspiration from a Groucho Marx from hell type personality.
This being since Groucho Marx was known for being the fastest, wittiest, most sardonic absurdist person in the room,
#4 1989 Oscar for Best Makeup
While those of us who adore this cult classic think the Oscar should have gone to Michael Keaton or Wynona Ryder, alas the makeup team did win a 1989 Academy Award for Best Makeup.
#5 Catherine O’Hara Originally Declined the Role of Delia Deetz
It’s funny how things work out, right? Originally Catherine O’Hara declined the role of Delia Deetz. Funny, I read she also originally declined the role of Moira on Schitts Creek.
Angelica Huston was originally cast to play Delia Deetz. I’m glad the stars aligned because no one can replace the great Catherine O’Hara.
#5 Betelgeuse Inspiration
Betelgeuse is a star in the constellation Orion and was what Beetlejuice was named after.
#6 17.5 Minutes
While Michael Keaton’s character is the star of the movie, did you know that while the movie is 92 minutes long he only appears in it 17.5 minutes.
#7 Beetlejuice Cartoon Series
The movie went on to inspire a cartoon series! The cartoon spinoff – Beetlejuice cartoon ran for 94 episodes. The show reimagined the relationship between Lydia and Beetlejuice in the Neitherworld. The Maitlands are not in this cartoon spinoff. source: Mental Floss
#8 Released on March 20, 1988
While I was too young to see this in the movie theatre, this 1988 cult classic movie is a VHS tape that played over and over during my childhood.
#9 Sandworm Beetlejuice Reference
So what is the Sandworm beetlejuice situation? Remember when Adam and Barbara Maitland die – they leave their house and end up in a alien desert populated by sandworms.
I always wondered what the reference to sandworms meant!
Beetlejuice 2 Sequel Rumors
I’m just like you other cult fans of this movie and want to know WHEN IS BEETLEJUICE 2 sequel going to be released. Well, here is what we learned.
- After the original box office success, there was development of a sequel in 1990 called Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian. Batman Returns became a priority.
- Tim Burton saying that Beetlejuice 2 is closer than ever needs to be a fact not just a statement. (source: Variety)
- Then we have Small Screen spreading news that Michael Keaton signed on for another movie as Betelgeuse.
- We Got This Covered is reporting that not only is the sequel happening, but that Johnny Depp will star in the movie as well. I mean, that is very Tim Burton but is it true? I guess only time will tell.
- Beetlejuice sequel is in the waiting room according to USA Today. This was from 2019, so fingers crossed Tim Burton and Warner Brothers are on it for a second movie.
Share The Beetlejuice Memes
These Beetlejuice facts and funny memes are for sharing! We share memes often and hope that these beetlejuice memes bring a smile to your face. Please share away, we do appreciate a tag on social media if you do share one of our memes about this cult movie classic.
If you love memes, here are more to indulge in:
- Monday Memes – start the week with some humor
- Work Memes – there is so much to LOL at in regards to work
- Tuesday Memes – it’s like Monday but it’s not
- Friday Memes – do I smell the weekend? YES!
- Back to School Memes – because back to school meme worthy
- Good Morning Memes – wish someone a happy day with some funny