Hey Dallas moms! If your kids are Octonauts fans, you will love this news – the Octonauts have landed at the Grapevine Sea Life Aquarium from Saturday, July 5 – Sunday, July 20.
Our kids had the opportunity to tour the aquarium and meet Captain Barnacles and Kwazii last week. The toddlers are huge fans of the show, and while our older kids won’t admit it – they watch it often with the littles.
I had been to the Sea Life Aquarium once before for a behind the scenes tour, but never had gotten to experience the aquarium itself. Sea Life provided me and the kids tickets to experience the event, it was definitely something they will remember. It took us a little over an hour to go through and the kids had an amazing time watching the various sea animals swim right in front of their faces.
The aquarium is VERY kid friendly. Believe me, I think somedays I should rent my kids out to test kid friendliness in places. They climb, bang, jump and run everywhere – and I am happy to report, no kids or sea animals were hurt during the visit. The aquarium offers several areas where the kids can walk over and peek under various parts of the aquarium, giving them an up-close and personal experience with the creatures.
One of our favorite parts of the Sea Life Aquarium adventure was the touch-and-feel exhibit where the kids got to touch a star fish and sea shells. The staff was patient with my littlest who so wanted to touch, but was scared.
My 9-year-old is obsessed with turtles. The Sea Life Aquarium works with a sea turtle rescue so he was stoked to see so many turtles on exhibit.If you are headed to the aquarium for the Octonauts, make sure out this list of other activities going on during the day:
- Meet and Greet: Captain Barnacles and Kwazii will be available for photo opportunities with guests in the Cinema. Plus, get an Octonauts sticker! (11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Scavenger Hunt: take a special undersea mission with an Octonauts fact-finding trail, available at admissions. Kids get a little prize in the gift shop if they complete the mission!
- Story Time: discover the latest Octonauts adventures as team members read one of the Octonauts books with fun Octonauts toys, available for purchase in the retail shop. (11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.)
- Videos: watch select Octonauts episodes in the Cinema.
- Octonauts-themed coloring activities.
Thanks Sea Life Aquarium for having us out!
Admission is $20 for adults, $16 for children ages 3 to 12, and free for kids 2 and under. To purchase special discounted tickets visit www.visitsealife.com/grapevine.
Monday Saturday 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – attraction remains open 90 minutes after last admission.
SEA LIFE Aquarium
Grapevine Mills Mall
3000 Grapevine Mills Parkway
Grapevine, Texas 76051
About SEA LIFE Aquarium Grapevine:
SEA LIFE Aquarium Grapevine transports you into the amazing underwater world. Prepare for astonishingly close views of everything from humble starfish and seahorses to graceful rays and powerful sharks. With an amazing 360° ocean tunnel, 30 display tanks and more than 5,000 sea creatures the aquarium is the perfect stop for family fun! To get any closer you would have to get wet!