Are you shopping for a last minute Valentine’s gift for the geek girl in your life? Well, low and behold we have a great list of last minute ideas for you. Here is a thoughtful Valentine’s gifts that he or she doesn’t have to know were last minute. We can keep that between you and me.
This idea is something that won’t die after 5 days and it won’t set you back the $75 like that floral bouquet. Let’s make a modern mix tape.
Remember the 80’s and 90’s when you would load up a cassette or a CD full of love songs for your beloved? No one owns a cassette player and who needs a CD. I’ll show you how to put this together and another little something to make this a nice gift.
How to Make a Modern Mix Tape
Let’s modernize the mix tape with a USB drive full of romantic songs. In addition to the usb mix tape – pair this gift with bluetooth headphones. A geek gift that he or she will be sure to love. Personal and thoughtful and not too expensive (and it will last!)
I know what you are thinking, BUT I don’t know what songs to put on the mix tape… fear not – I’ve come up with a list of 10 to get you started. And the bluetooth headphones, yep – they are only $30 – order them with Amazon Prime to get them in time for Valentine’s day.
Don’t worry – they come in other colors than pink (Cool Blue, Arctic White, Ruby Red, Posh Pink), but aren’t they cute? AND they are BLUETOOTH, LOOK MOM! NO WIRES!
Kinivo: Colorful Wireless Bluetooth Headphone (BTH240)
Limited edition range of affordable stereo-sound Bluetooth headphones for the holidays gifts $30 and under
- Streams music and more directly from your mobile device
- Limited holiday availability makes them the perfect stocking stuffer or holiday hostess gift
- Features lightweight, foldable and slender design to deliver pristine, hands-free audio
- Connects to any Bluetooth enabled device to stream wirelessly
- Comes with built-in noise cancelling microphone to automatically pause music when users receive an incoming call
- Features an integrated rechargeable battery that provides 10 hours of continuous active audio, or 200 hours when in standby mode
- Removes the need to be bound to your device by a wire
Available at: Amazon.com
I love this thumb drive because it’s also a keyring! And it’s super cheap. You’ll want to just dump those mix tape love songs onto the drive.
USB Drive Mix Tape Love Songs
And the Valentine’s Day love song list I promised. Here are 10 songs
- Love Song – The Cure
- Maps – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Good Kisser – Usher
- Crazy For You – Adele
- You Know I’m No Good – Amy Winehouse
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- All of Me – John Legend
- I Just Called to Say I Love You – Stevie Wonder
- Stay With Me – Sam Smith
- Can’t Help Falling in Love With You – UB40
There you have it. I knew you could do it! This is a gift that your lover is sure to love.
Mom to 4 kids, Molly Thornberg aka Digital Mom is the blogger-in-chief here at digitalmomblog.com. She likes to keep it real, overshares on her personal Insta-stories, tries her best to show grace and always appreciates a funny meme. Molly appreciates the unique things in life, and is a Ennegagram 7w8.