Are you shopping for a last minute Valentine’s gift for the geek girl in your life? Well, low and behold we have a great list of last minute ideas for you. Here is a thoughtful Valentine’s gifts that he or she doesn’t have to know were last minute. We can keep that between you and me. This idea is something that won’t die after 5 days and it won’t set you back the $75 like that floral bouquet. Let’s make a modern mix tape. Remember the 80’s and 90’s when you would load up a cassette or a CD full of love songs for your beloved? No one owns a cassette player and who needs a CD. I’ll show you how to put this together and another little something to make this a nice gift.
How to Make a Modern Mix Tape
Let’s modernize the mix tape with a USB drive full of romantic songs. In addition to the usb mix tape – pair this gift with bluetooth headphones. A geek gift that he or she will be sure to love. Personal and thoughtful and not too expensive (and it will last!)
I know what you are thinking, BUT I don’t know what songs to put on the mix tape… fear not – I’ve come up with a list of 10 to get you started. And the bluetooth headphones, yep – they are only $30 – order them with Amazon Prime to get them in time for Valentine’s day.
Don’t worry – they come in other colors than pink (Cool Blue, Arctic White, Ruby Red, Posh Pink), but aren’t they cute? AND they are BLUETOOTH, LOOK MOM! NO WIRES!
Limited edition range of affordable stereo-sound Bluetooth headphones for the holidays gifts $30 and under
- Streams music and more directly from your mobile device
- Limited holiday availability makes them the perfect stocking stuffer or holiday hostess gift
- Features lightweight, foldable and slender design to deliver pristine, hands-free audio
- Connects to any Bluetooth enabled device to stream wirelessly
- Comes with built-in noise cancelling microphone to automatically pause music when users receive an incoming call
- Features an integrated rechargeable battery that provides 10 hours of continuous active audio, or 200 hours when in standby mode
- Removes the need to be bound to your device by a wire
Available at: Amazon.com
I love this thumb drive because it’s also a keyring! And it’s super cheap. You’ll want to just dump those mix tape love songs onto the drive.
USB Drive Mix Tape Love Songs
And the Valentine’s Day love song list I promised. Here are 10 songs
- Love Song – The Cure
- Maps – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Good Kisser – Usher
- Crazy For You – Adele
- You Know I’m No Good – Amy Winehouse
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- All of Me – John Legend
- I Just Called to Say I Love You – Stevie Wonder
- Stay With Me – Sam Smith
- Can’t Help Falling in Love With You – UB40
There you have it. I knew you could do it! This is a gift that your lover is sure to love.
Mom to 4 kids, Molly aka Digital Mom is the blogger-in-chief here at digitalmomblog.com. Talking technology and mom life, Molly shares the realities of parents digital kids.