If you are a designer and you’ve worked with me before.. scratch. If you have worked with me before and have sent me any type of file with Comic Sans and you catch me on a bad day, chances are I may of growled your way. Okay, I’m not that evil but I really despise the Comic Sans fault. And I KNOW my mother purposefully uses it to irritate the living cuss word out of my sister and I.
Despite that hatred, I stumbled upon an interesting article about the story behind Comic Sans.
A few things that I find of interest:
- Comic Sans was created for use in a children’s program, not intended for use outside of that application.
- Comic Sans was released with the Windows 95 Plus Pack
- and has since been driving me nuts
- The creator thinks most Comic Sans haters secretly like it.
- I think the creator is WRONG. But I also think the creator is brilliant in the fact creating such a crappy font has gotten so much play.
- Twitter has said that it’s service is used mostly for complaints. The first being airlines, the second COMIC SANS and the third Justin Bieber.
- And yes, I’m sure I’m guilty of 1, 2 and 3.
- The creator also created the font Trebuchet.
Anywhoo, interesting article to read – check out the full deets at fonts.com
OR if you would like, join me in continuing the hate for the world’s most HATED font, Comic Sans – support bancomicsans.com