In a holiday tablet poll study by Maritz Research,new clues as to what and why people are purchasing tablets.
8 Facts About Tablets Purchased in 2011
- Tablet purchases continue to grow; top use is on-the-go computing
- 6.2 percent of consumers purchased a tablet during the past 3 month while 6.8 percent of consumers intend to purchase a tablet over the next 3 months, resulting in a 10 percent projected increase in sales.
- There are four key tablet customer segments: Single-Minded Buyers, Tablet-Committed Buyers, Newcomers, and Low-End Buyers.
- The Apple iPad is the brand leader, with 50 percent of tablets purchased over the past 3 months.
- The Amazon Kindle Fire lead in regards to low-end buyers with 45 percent.
- 86 percent of tablet purchases are seen as incremental rather than a replacement for an existing device, such as a desktop or laptop.
- For nearly half of consumers, the tablet is used for both personal and work purposes
- Tablet purchasing is strong and momentum continues to build.
Are Tablets Here To Stay?