NO WHAMMIES! NO WHAMMIES!
Remember the game show Press Your Luck? Growing up I always wanted to be on this show (and Supermarket Sweep!). With the new Wii game, I kind of get the opportunity!
The Wii Press Your Luck game consists of playing 1-3 players. There are 4 questions each round to earn spins before participating in the big board. Then there are 2 rounds to win as much money.
- SHORT! I have a very short attention span. We can play a game in around 10 minutes.
- The questions are fairly easy – my 6 year old can easily play along and understand some of the questions.
- WHAMMIES! The silly little monsters that steal your money are just as cute on this game as they were on the game show.
- The avartars are silly looking.
- More questions – we’ve had the game for 2 days and have played around 15 games and have had many repeat questions. The cover says over 2500 questions, maybe we just got a rotten egg?
- Retail price is $39.99. Game Stop has this game for $19.99 this week. This game will most definitely get played enough to justify $20! For the retail of $39.99 – not quite worth it.
Overall we are loving the game. With a 4 and 6 year old, we are always looking for family night games. The kids both love this (while the 4 year old just copies the answers that me and my husband choose).
My daughter yells “No Wedgies. No Wedgies. STOP!” She doesn’t quite get the monsters that take your money are WHAMMIES not WEDGIES, but who am I to tell her other wise. Every family night needs a good laugh.
Random Fact: In 2002 Game Show Network resurrected the idea of Press Your Luck with a show called Whammy! The show lasted until 2003.