Lent Day 3 – We are talking prayer y’all. One of the practices this Lent I’m trying to put in place, in addition to this Lent Experiment is praying intentionally. Not just shooting the template prayer but actually being aware of the people and things in my life that need prayer.
I’ve never been one to ask for prayer, but last year that all changed.
While prayer did not make my husband not have to have his colon removed, nor did it prevent the THREE bouts of hospitalized pneumonia he went thru – it calmed my soul in ways that I could never imagine.
What is even more sweet is learning all of the people who were praying that I didn’t even personally know. Sean’s family has deep roots and when you say please pray, every branch on that tree prays!
If you are looking to expand your Prayer Circle – here are some suggestions on who to pray for. I want to preface this with something that I reluctantly learned. Praying for your enemies or those people who you just don’t like or rub you the wrong way – those are the people you need to be praying for most. Rise above, God can do big things thru prayer – even if it isn’t blatantly obvious.
101 People to Pray For
Remember, you may not like everyone on this list but here’s a good start. Here’s a gigantic list of 101 people to pray for.
Check out our prayer memes if could use a little smile.
- Your Kids
- Step Dad
- In-Laws (yes, the whole fam!)
- Step Mom
- Neighbors – especially the ones who don’t talk to you.
- The School Janitor – think how much of a mess your kids make in your house, now multiply that by 300 or so.
- Your Kids’ Teachers
- Step Siblings
- Leadership at Work
- School Administration
- Local Government
- Your Pastor
- Church Clergy
- Office Staff at Church
- State Government
- Federal Government – PRAY, please.
- Author of the Book You Just Read
- Your Kid’s Friends
- Kid’s Friends Parents
- Pets – pets are people too!
- Local Firemen
- Police Department
- The Person Mowing Your Lawn – especially if it’s your spouse!
- Your Church
- Deceased Family and Friends
- Your Starbucks Barista
- The Person Who Cut You Off in Traffic
- Your Doctors
- That Person Who Stole Your Parking Lot Space
- The Line Cutter at the Store
- Mom with a Screaming Child
- Dad with a Screaming Child
- Siblings of the Screaming Child
- Facebook Friends and Acquaintances
- Instagram Friends
- The Person Who You Need to Forgive
- That Friend Who is Going Thru a Divorce
- Friend that is Ill
- The Person Who Hasn’t Forgiven You
- Whoever Delivered Your Amazon Package
- The Teacher You Hated in High School
- That Customer Service Agent You are on the Phone With
- Random Person Who Smiled At You
- Your Ex
- Waitress or Waiter
- Person Sitting Next to You on Public Transportation
- I.T. Department
- Dallas Cowboys – Them Boys need prayer, y’all – okay – fine, whatever Football team you like
- Life Group
- Friend’s Family
- Walmart Greeter
- The Depressed
- Folks at the Nursing Home You Drive By
- Church Prayer List
- The Family on the News
- Celebrities – yes, even they need prayer
- Non-profit Organizations
- Homeless Shelters
- Church You Don’t Agree With
- People in the Hospital
- Families of the People in the Hospital
- The Person Coughing in the Waiting Room – I didn’t say sit next to them, just pray!
- Neighbors Fighting on Nextdoor App – yes, even that pot stirrer who keeps trying to make people argue (maybe doing this right now)
- Bible Study Group
- Person You Unfriended on Facebook
- Government in Other Countries
- The Poor
- Homeless Person Asking for Money
- Flight Attendant
- Airport Staff
- Company You Work For
- News Anchors – how sucky it would be to have to deliver so much bad news!
- Person Who Lost Their Job Today
- Single Mom
- Orphaned Kids
- Single Dad
- Family of Inmates
- Stranger Who You Are Unsure About
- The Saved
- Foster Families – talk about doing God’s work
- The Unsaved
- The Religious Right – who isn’t always right!
- You – give it to God
Any other people to pray for that I missed? I am sure there are a million others to add to this list but I think this list of 101 people to pray for is a good start.
Things to Remember About Praying for People
This prayer quote from Soren Kierkergaard got me good. “The function of prayer is not to influence God but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.”
Here are a few helpful tips in regards to things to remember about praying for people.
- Don’t feel like you have to tell someone you are praying for them.
- Pray for the unknown, don’t be getting all in someone’s business in the name of prayer.
- Use this practice to grow spiritually.
Books on Prayer
Draw the Circle
I went thru the 40 day prayer challenge which is the Draw the Circle book with a team at work a few years back.
It was a refreshing experience and was nice to hear from co-workers “I’m circling you” meaning they are praying for you.
Lent Day 3
Here we are on Day 3 on Lent. I would love to say this whole Coke Zero addiction ain’t no thing – but you guys, I forgot the Coke Zero / Diet Coke withdraw side effects.
It’s been migraine and fatigue around these parts. Thankfully my migraine medication does knock out the pain, but also knocks me out for at least an hour!
We had Open House last night with the boys. Today is the last day before Spring Break. Looking forward to the kids being home and having zero schedule for an entire week. YAY for sleeping in and not having to worry about laundry. It’s the little things, people.
See you on day 4 of Lent, tomorrow! Don’t forget, all of my Lent posts are linked -> Lent Experiment <- if you want to read all the things.
Be blessed, give grace and be kind.
Don’t miss the Best Memes of the Week – stay up-to-date with the best LOLs for sharing
Digital Mom Blog is reader supported. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.