Nap desks – that just sounds dreamy, right? Let’s chat.
Remember a few years ago when we all heard how we shouldn’t be sitting is bad for hours on end and that we should adapt to things like walking desks? Remember? So do we. We get it.
Nap Desks – Let’s Make This Happen!
Sitting for 10 hours a day isn’t good for you. But guess what else isn’t good for you? Sleeping 5 hours at night or working for those 10 hours non-stop.
Introducing this product design from Studio NL. It’s a desk, no it’s not JUST a desk – it’s a NAP DESK!
From first glance, it this looks just like an ordinary desk, right? Sneaky, it also turns into a nap pod.
Tips for Power Naps
So while the idea of sleeping at work may sound, I don’t know – lazy, there is actually a lot of benefits to power naps. If you are interested in learning about how to perfect your power nap, check out these tips for power naps.
- Turn off your mobile phone and any other distractions (so that TV in the nap desk isn’t a great idea.)
- Headphones with relaxing music.
- Wear sunglasses or use an eye mask to simulate darkness.
- Caffeine before your nap to improve your performance and will lessen how sleepy you are when you wake up.
- Set an alarm to go off in 15-20 minutes, because it’s a power nap – not a full sleep!
- Don’t sleep more than 30 minutes!
- Follow your nap up with a physical activity.
- Wash your face and expose yourself to bright light.
So, who’s in? Who would take advantage of a nap desk? Personally, the design could be better. The open concept isn’t great, especially as many offices are more open and less office now a days.
Speaking of work, need a break from the seriousness of business? While a desk nap may not be in your future, one of our funny work memes could be.
That said, we sure hope more employers open their minds to power napping at work. That little sleep can create a big jolt in productivity and energy!
Don’t miss the Best Memes of the Week – stay up-to-date with the best LOLs for sharing
Digital Mom Blog is reader supported. When you buy through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.