Last week I had lunch with a friend and he was talking about The 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss. I had started this book, but after listening to what he had to say about the book – I knew I had to finish it!
Problem, I can’t find my stinkin’ book! I know I bought this. I know I had started this. Now where did I PUT THIS THING?
Fast forward several frustrated hours…. the lightbulb moment hit me. Just buy another copy. Then another lightbulb moment struck – just download the book, then you don’t have to wait!
CONFESSION: I am TOTALLY ADD and patience, is so not a gift of mine.
Anywhoo – while on Amazon, I saw the Kindle version – and then thought – ohh… I can so try the Kindle app! So that is what I did.
This past weekend, I’ve spent reading The 4 Hour Work Week on the Kindle iPhone app. I have played with a Kindle, but don’t own one – so can’t give you a total perspective on how it works in comparison to the actual Kindle, but I will say this – I LOVE being able to read a book on my phone!
The Kindle app lets me bookmark my page, enlarge my type, turn pages with a swipe, or turn pages by the glider on the bottom. There is a easy to use table of contents as well as.
Amazon is smart. This app is a brilliant way for Amazon to move into the digital age of ebooks knowing that they can’t have the end-all be all device, they have created an app that will bridge their digital ebook product (a Kindle book) available on just about any platform.
This weekend, I play with the Kindle app for iPad and it was sweet! Check out what platforms the KindleApp is available on.
Overall, am impressed. While I am sure iBooks will blow this away becuase, let’s just face it Apple rules…. Amazon is smart. There product is simple but it does its job. It enables me to purchase a book and read it on any platform I choose – and not have to lug a book around – hooray!
Here is Amazon’s low down on their KindleApp:
Read Kindle books on your iPhone or iPod touch
- No Kindle required
- Get the best reading experience available on your iPhone or iPod touch
- Access your Kindle books even if you don’t have your Kindle with you
- Automatically synchronizes your last page read between devices with Amazon Whispersync
- Adjust the text size, add bookmarks, and view the annotations you created on your Kindle
Shop for books in the Kindle Store optimized for Safari on your iPhone or iPod touch
- Buy a book from the Kindle Store optimized for Safari on your iPhone or iPod touch and get it auto-delivered wirelessly
- Search and browse more than 600,000 books, including more than 109 of 112 New York Timesbestsellers. If you are a non-U.S. customer, book availability may vary
- Find New York Times® Best Sellers and new releases from $9.99
- Get free book samples. Read the first chapter for free before you decide to buy
- Books you purchase can also be read on a Kindle
- Kindle newspapers, magazines and blogs are not currently available on the iPhone or iPod touch
- Kindle for iPhone is currently available for customers in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Republic of, Mexico, Moldova, Republic Of, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam
New Features on the Kindle for iPhone App
- Read in portrait or landscape mode
- Select alternate background and text colors to improve reading comfort in low light conditions
- Tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages
- Pinch to zoom images in books
- Tap and hold on a word to create a note or highlight
- Whispersync will back up and synchronize annotations with your other Kindle devices
- Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch. Requires iPhone 3.0 software update
Read our Kindle Fire Review
Mom to 4 kids, Molly Thornberg aka Digital Mom is the blogger-in-chief here at digitalmomblog.com. She likes to keep it real, overshares on her personal Insta-stories, tries her best to show grace and always appreciates a funny meme. Molly appreciates the unique things in life, and is a Ennegagram 7w8.