The new iPhone 4G was officially announced at WWDC on June 7, 2010. Below are details of the newest Apple product, the official iPhone 4G video and a graphic displaying what I really feel about the vibes Steve Jobs is sending to us iPhone 4G lusters.
Official iPhone 4G Release Date
The new iPhone 4G will officially release on June 24th in select countries. Pre-order will begin on June 15, 2010. Just a few days, so if you want to pre-order – be ready!
iPhone 4G New Features
This is an all-new design. Steve and his team have done it again! The iPhone 4G will feature a LONGER lasting battery (thank YOU! my Words with Friends playing drains my current battery)
The new phone is powered by an A4 CPU (the same chip used in the iPad) and sports a 3.5-inch screen with 960×640 resolution, dual mics, and an upgraded camera system that will include HD video recording and editing capabilities.
- 9.3mm thick, 24% thinner than current iPhone
- 3.5 display, same as current iPhone
- 326 ppi display, 4 times the previous iPhones pixel density
- Case uses stainless steel and glass, including a glass back for the device
- Powered by the A4 chip Larger battery means 7 hours of talk time, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music and 300 hours of standby
- 7.2MB download and 5.8MB upload speeds, depending on carrier capabilities
- Gyroscope in addition to accelerometer
- 5MP camera with 5x zoom, tap to focus and LED flash
- HD video recording, and iMovie for editing video on the iPhone
- Front- and rear-facing cameras for FaceTime, the new video chat app
- iOS will allow for multitasking
Official iPhone 4G Video
As sour as I am that my contract doesn’t renew soon when it comes to the new features on the iPhone 4G – I will eventually get this phone!
Mom to 4 kids, Molly aka Digital Mom is the blogger-in-chief here at digitalmomblog.com. Talking technology and mom life, Molly shares the realities of parents digital kids.