Last week, I had the privileged of going to see the King and I. Like WOAH. I hadn’t been to a musical in a long time – and I have spent the last week annoying my family with ETC. ETC. ETC. and humming the tunes from the show.
The next show featured in this seasons Dallas Summer Musicals is The Illusionists. This isn’t your typical song and dance. The Illusionists features mind-blowing spectacular showcases the jaw-dropping talents of seven of the most incredible illusionists on earth. THE ILLUSIONISTS Witness The Impossible at the Music Hall at Fair Park April 7-19, 2015. We will be attending and I can’t wait to share with you more about this. Who knew I would become a theater buff??
THE ILLUSIONISTS – WITNESS THE IMPOSSIBLE the worlds best-selling touring magic show, will play at the Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas, TX on April 7-19 as part of a 20 city U.S. tour and Dallas Summer Musicals 75th Anniversary Season. The show had a highly successful holiday run on Broadway this past year and is ready to wow audiences in North Texas.
THE ILLUSIONISTS – WITNESS THE IMPOSSIBLE is produced by Simon Painter, Tim Lawson, MagicSpace Entertainment, Road Show Entertainment LLC, and The Production Office. Conceived by Simon Painter, the shows creative team also includes executive producer Tim Lawson, director Neil Dorward and creative director Jim Millan.
Having shattered box office records around the world, THE ILLUSIONISTS – WITNESS THE IMPOSSIBLE is a mind-blowing spectacular showcasing the jaw-dropping talents of seven of the most incredible illusionists on earth. Full of hilarious magic tricks, death-defying stunts and acts of breathtaking wonder, THE ILLUSIONISTS has dazzled audiences of all ages. Creative Producer Simon Painter said, We cant wait to bring this electrifying show to Dallas for a truly entertaining experience for the whole family. THE ILLUSIONISTS is the most non-stop and powerful mix of outrageous and astonishing acts ever to be seen on the live stage.
Cast and Crew
The seven stars, each a master in their own field, are:
- The Manipulator, Yu Ho-Jin. Considered a rising superstar in the world of magic; Yu Ho-Jin was recently named the 2014 Magician of the Year, by Academy of Magical Arts and was the first Asian to win the Grand Prix at the Fédération Internationale des Sociétés Magiques, also known as the Olympics of Magic.
- The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry. Described as Marilyn Manson meets David Copperfield, Dan combines the art of magic with the macabre and is one of the top-10 most Googled people, thanks to a legendary Americas Got Talent appearance.
- The Trickster, Jeff Hobson is the epitome of glamour and showmanship. Dont be fooled by his innocent appearance; Jeff has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
- The Escapologist, Andrew Basso. Italys star escape artist, Andrew considers Houdini his hero and is fast becoming one of the worlds most popular illusionists. He is the only person in the world to perform Houdinis famous Water Torture Cell with absolutely no covers.
- The Inventor, Kevin James, known for innovative illusions, is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. Kevin is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
- The Warrior, Aaron Crow, a strong and silent type specializing in weapon magic, has mastered some of the most dangerous acts without saying a single word. Belgiums international magic sensation, a first place finisher at the World Championships of Magic, uses swords, paintball guns and powerful crossbows to keep fans on the edge of their seat.
- The Futurist, Adam Trent, shatters stereotypes and brings a new generation of magic to fans fusing technology illusions, dancing and comedy with classic techniques.
SIMON PAINTER, CREATIVE PRODUCER
Simon Painter is a visionary creative theatrical producer who hails from London. Simon started his career on stage as a classical violinist, and performed the lead role for Spirit of the Dance in Las Vegas. The first show he produced,Le Grand Cirque smashed box office records at the Sydney Opera House selling over 40,000 tickets in 10 days. His two subsequent productions, Aerial Dreams and Adrenaline also broke records in Sydney and across the world and achieved critical acclaim. In 2010 Simon had five versions of Le Grand Cirque playing concurrently. In late 2010 Simon joined forces with Australian producer and close friend Tim Lawson and began assembling the greatest magical minds from a wide spectrum of disciplines. His production of The Illusionists has already performed to record breaking crowds in theatres and arenas across the globe including Australia, Mexico, Latin America, South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. In addition to The Illusionists: Witness The Impossible, Simons current projects include Le Noir (The Dark Side of Cirque) and Illusionists 2.0, both of which are currently playing extensive international tours. Simon is also due to open a third installment of The Illusionists (The Illusionists 1903) in January 2015.
TIM LAWSON, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER Tim Lawson is the CEO of TML Enterprises, servicing Australia and international territories with first class musicals and family entertainment with productions spanning across over 100 cities in 20 countries. Australasian theatrical touring credits include Sweet Charity, Buddy The Musical, Jolson starring Rob Guest, Spirit of the Dance, Oh! What A Night, Fiddler on The Roof starring Topol, Its A Dad Thing!, Weary The Life of Sir Edward Dunlop, Shout! The Musical, Brave Men Run In Our Family, Jekyll and Hyde starring Brad Little and The Rocky Horror Show narrated by Richard O Brien. Tim’s award winning production of A Chorus Line transferred to the prestigious London Palladium, and his production of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang recently completed a 13 month tour. With partner Simon Painter, credits include Le Grand Cirque, Ariel Dreams, Adrenaline, Le Noir The Dark Side of Cirque, The Illusionists and The Illusionists 2.0, all enjoying record breaking success and extensive international arena and theatrical touring. The Illusionists 1903 – The Golden Age of Magicpremieres in Australia in January 2015. www.tmlenterprises.com
Single tickets, from $15-$88 (pricing subject to change), are now on sale online at www.DallasSummerMusicals.org, by phone at 1.800.514.ETIX (3849), and at The Box Office, 5959 Royal Lane, Suite 542 in Dallas, TX. Mini Packs, which allow all ticket buyers to pick 3 or more shows for as low as $55, are also available online or may be ordered by mail or in person at The Box Office and by phoning 214.346.3300. Season subscribers and other patrons who have questions about their tickets can call The Box Office at 214.691.7200.
Groups of 10 or more receive a 15% discount, priority seating, and many more benefits. Please call 214.426.GROUP (4768) or email Groups@DallasSummerMusicals.org.