The holiday season is almost here and the fun times with our friend, The Elf on the Shelf are quickly approaching as well. Have you even thought about it yet? As much as we all love the Christmas family traditions and memories we are creating for our kids, we have to keep our ideas fresh each year.
Having The Elf on the Shelf is fun, but seeing your child’s smile each morning as they find out what their Elf was up to overnight is classic and heart warming.
Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas
One of my favorite things to do each morning is take a quick snapshot of my child’s reaction as well as what our friendly little Elf was up to while we were sleeping. It’s great to capture their reaction on camera and create a fun scrapbook page at the end of the holiday season to share with them later on in life.
That said, I need these things that this funny elf is doing to be EASY. So we are only sharing EASY Elf on the Shelf ideas.
30 Elf on the Shelf Ideas for the Season
This year I was able to get a jump start on planning our month long fun with our Elf on the Shelf and I wanted to share our family tradition and ideas for this holiday season with you in hopes that you can enjoy some of the fun too!
Happy Elf on the Shelfing! 🙂 Here are 30 Elf on the Shelf Ideas Funny Things for Your Elf to Do!
- Elf Arrival – he has arrived! Wrap the Elf on the Shelf up the presents and watch him get stuck in the box of bows
- Watches An Elf’s Story because he wants to see his Elf friends
- Makes pink milk
- Knits a scarf to stay warm
- Makes his own sleigh using a coffee mug and Hot Wheels cars
- Makes a shoe mountain
- Leaves a note that he needs more cookies
- Has a wrestling match in the laundry basket with Barbies and loses
- Takes a sleigh ride down the banister
- Leaves a new joke for your child everyday
- Emails Santa about your child’s behavior
- Plays the guitar
- Tracks Santa on his way from the North Pole
- Has story time with his stuffed animal friends
- Makes cookies for breakfast
- Wraps the kitchen with toilet paper
- Plays soccer
- Takes a bath in the kitchen sink
- Listens to music on his iPod
- Wraps a mini gift for your child
- Has a pillow fight with his stuffed animal friends
- Has a race with Barbie and Ken
- Makes donuts & green milk for breakfast
- Hangs lights from the curtain rod
- Makes a peppermint Christmas tree
- Makes a selfie out of play dough
- Sends a special package in the mail to your child
- Hides in the Christmas decorations
- Flies in his airplane from the chandelier – it’s time to say goodbye to the Elf on the Shelf. Congrats, you did it mom!
Which of these Elf on the Shelf Ideas to you plan on doing this year?