Lent Day 32 – Be Grateful
It’s dreary, I’m tired. The kids were extra cranky this morning and the husband was exhausted so I took on school drop off duty. It’s just meh. I don’t like just meh though. In times of just meh, I have found the best way to change my mindset is to focus on being grateful. Gratitude is a wonderful thing and finding things to be grateful for despite whatever the circumstance that is dragging you down is, can help change your demeanor.
10 Things to Be Grateful For
Let’s look at 20 things to be grateful for. Whenever you are in a funk, pull this list up and practice the art of gratitude.
- Clean water – even the crappy North Texas water is cleaner than most of the world’s water.
- Pets – these furry animals are so therapeutic.
- Family – the good and the bad.
- Love – even when you are lonely, remember that there is a God that loves you.
- Internet – if you are reading this, hello the internet is life changing in itself!
- Friends – without my friends, I don’t know who I would be.
- Life – whether it’s your own or a loved one, life is short and so precious.
- Weather – rain washes the earth and sun brings life. Be thankful and grateful for the weather, whatever it is.
- Technology – I mean, seriously. It’s 2019 – could you imagine life in 1919? I wouldn’t of survived, literally.
- Jesus – because of Him we are forgiven.
Short and sweet but 10 things to be grateful for. Sometimes the chaos of everyday can just weigh heavy. A new outlook with a different perspective, a grateful heart and a prayer can sure help. Try it.
Gratitude is an essential part of being present. When you go deeply into the present, gratitude arise spontaneously. – Eckhart Tolle
What are you grateful for today?
See you tomorrow on day 33 of Lent.
Want to read more on Life, Faith, Culture and Lent.
-> Lent Experiment <-