Lent Day 32 – Be Grateful
It’s dreary, I’m tired. The kids were extra cranky this morning and the husband was exhausted so I took on school drop off duty. It’s just meh. I don’t like just meh though. In times of just meh, I have found the best way to change my mindset is to focus on being grateful. Gratitude is a wonderful thing and finding things to be grateful for despite whatever the circumstance that is dragging you down is, can help change your demeanor.
As age catches up with me, I am slowly learning the importance of certain things in my life and the need to intentionally be grateful.
Being grateful leads to a great filled life. If you are needing to put some gratitude into your day, here are a few things to get you started in your daily gratitude journey.
10 Things to Be Grateful For
Let’s look at 10 things to be grateful for. Whenever you are in a funk, pull this list up and practice the art of gratitude.
- Clean water – even the crappy North Texas water is cleaner than most of the world’s water.
- Pets – these furry animals are so therapeutic.
- Family – the good and the bad.
- Love – even when you are lonely, remember that there is a God that loves you.
- Internet – if you are reading this, hello the internet is life changing in itself!
- Friends – without my friends, I don’t know who I would be.
- Life – whether it’s your own or a loved one, life is short and so precious.
- Weather – rain washes the earth and sun brings life. Be thankful and grateful for the weather, whatever it is.
- Technology – I mean, seriously. It’s 2019 – could you imagine life in 1919? I wouldn’t of survived, literally.
- Jesus – because of Him we are forgiven.
Short and sweet but 10 things to be grateful for. Sometimes the chaos of everyday can just weigh heavy. A new outlook with a different perspective, a grateful heart and a prayer can sure help. Try it.
Gratitude is an essential part of being present. When you go deeply into the present, gratitude arise spontaneously. – Eckhart Tolle
What are you grateful for today?
See you tomorrow on day 33 of Lent.
Want to read more on Life, Faith, Culture and Lent.
-> Lent Experiment <-