There is a lot to be grateful for today. Yes, we know the mom life struggle is real. This is about letting it go and showing thanks. Yes, even when the day is dreary and your body is tired. Even when the kids are extra cranky and the husband is too exhausted to do school drop off.
Let’s flip the script. Rather than drowning in the misery of what is happening there is good in the what seems bad.
Find the Gratitude in the Day
I have found the best way to change my mindset is to focus on being grateful. Gratitude is a wonderful thing and finding things to be grateful for despite whatever the circumstance that is dragging you down is, can help change your demeanor.
Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.
– Voltaire (Quote about Gratitude)
As age catches up with me, I am slowly learning the importance of certain things in my life and the need to intentionally be grateful.
Being grateful leads to a great filled life. If you are needing to put some gratitude into your day, here are a few things to get you started in your daily gratitude journey.
10 Things to Be Grateful For Today
Let’s look at 10 things to be grateful for. Whenever you are in a funk, pull this list up and practice the art of gratitude.
- Clean water – even the crappy North Texas water is cleaner than most of the world’s water.
- Pets – these furry animals are so therapeutic.
- Family – the good and the bad.
- Love – even when you are lonely, remember that there is a God that loves you.
- Internet – if you are reading this, hello the internet is life changing in itself!
- Friends – without my friends, I don’t know who I would be.
- Life – whether it’s your own or a loved one, life is short and so precious.
- Weather – rain washes the earth and sun brings life. Be thankful and grateful for the weather, whatever it is.
- Technology – I mean, seriously. It’s 2019 – could you imagine life in 1919? I wouldn’t of survived, literally.
- Jesus – because of Him we are forgiven.
Short and sweet but here are MY 10 things to be grateful for today. What does your thankful list look like? Tomorrow’s list may look different. Sometimes your list might just be a funny meme or the fact that your kid is potty training. Embrace the little things and big and be thankful for each.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
– Robert Brault (Quote about Thankfulness)
Sometimes the chaos of everyday can just weigh heavy. A new outlook with a different perspective, a grateful heart and a prayer can sure help. Try it.
Gratitude is an essential part of being present. When you go deeply into the present, gratitude arise spontaneously. – Eckhart Tolle (Gratitude Quote)
What are you grateful for today?
See you tomorrow on day 33 of Lent.
Want to read more on Life, Faith, Culture and Lent.
-> Lent Experiment <-
Follow Digital Mom Blog on Social
Lent Day 32 – Be Grateful for Today