I had the privilege to attend the Activision Games for Girls summit at the W Hotel in Dallas.
As a tech blogger, mom to 3 kids and a wife to a husband who are all game players – this was right up my alley.
Suzanne shared the latest from various studies on game play amongst children
Did You Know?
- Over 90 percent of kids ages 2-17 (population of approximately 64 million) are gaming in the U.S., an increase of 9 points when compared to 2009. https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/us/news/pressreleases/pr_111011
- Children who strongly agreed their parents had rules about television viewing time were less likely to exceed recommended screen time limits. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21402267
- Girls who play video games with a parent enjoyed a number of advantages. Brigham Young University’s School of Family Life study (Feb 2011)
- Wappy Dog
- ZhuZhu Babies
- Moshi Monsters: Moshling Zoo
- Squinkies 2: Adventure Mall Surprize!
I couldn’t get enough of Wappy Dog. It’s a physical toy dog that interacts with the DS game.
Thanks Activision for a fabulous afternoon and swag bag!
Mom to 4 kids, Molly aka Digital Mom is the blogger-in-chief here at digitalmomblog.com. Talking technology and mom life, Molly shares the realities of parents digital kids.