Pregnancy 101 – After 4 pregnancies, I am now happy to vicuriously live thru someone else when it comes time to have a baby. Fortunately, I am still surrounded by many baby makers including my SIL (sister in law for those who always wondered what that stands for) who is 24 weeks pregnant with my niece!
I was recently forwarded this infographic packed full of every you would want to know about pregnancy – from how much it costs to deliver a baby, to the cost of home birth, to how much weight you should gain and where pregnancy weight goes. So get ready for it, here is a TON of pregnancy information that I just learned about!
This is a ton of pregnancy information. I’ve highlighted the details below the infographic. Also any IRL facts from my pregnancy or experiences, I’ve included!
Pregnancy 101 – Everything You Want to Know From Costs to Cravings
Maternity Care Costs
Each year the US spends over $80 billion on childbirth. That is more than any other nation in the world. Maternity care is the largest source of income for American hospitals.
Labor and Delivery Cost in 2011
Vaginal Delivery Costs
$9,280 Cost for Vaginal Birth $3,390 Average Physian Payment for Vaginal Birth
Cesarean Costs or C-Section Costs
$14,374 Cost for Cesarean Birth $4,086 Physician Payment for Cesarean Birth These costs for average maternity services payments for uninsured patients.
For Patients with Insurance
$500 to $3000 Out of Pocket Costs for Having a Baby with Insurance
Baby Hospital Bill
$1500 to $4000 for a Healthy Baby Delivered at Ter
Home Birth Costs
$1500 to $2000 Home Birth Midwives Fee (depending on the state you live in) $200 to $600 Doula Costs (depending on the state you live in)
$100 to $150 Per Visit Without Insurance $15 to $30 Per Visit With Insurance
Healthy eating is not enough, in order to get enough vitamins and minerals you will have to take prenatal vitamins, which can cost about $5 to $25 per month.
This info graphic states you can expect to pay $50 to $100 per outfit. Shop at Target and save money on maternity clothes!
The United States remains on of 3 countries that provide NO type of financial support to mothers, so you should expect to lose between 3 to 6 month’s salary. ** Most women I know lose between 6 weeks and 3 months salary.
Maternity Leave About the World
What countries give the most maternity leave?
- Sweden gives 60 weeks maternity leave
- Albania gives 52 weeks maternity leave
- Austrailia gives 18 weeks maternity leave
- Austria gives 16 weeks maternity leave
- Belgium gives 15 weeks maternity leave
Where Does the Extra Pregnancy Weight Go?
- You should expect to gain between 25 and 35 pounds during pregnancy – give or take 15 pounds!
- 2 to 5 Pounds – Uterus Increase
- 8 Pounds – Baby
- 5 to 9 Pounds – Fat Store for Delivery and Breastfeeding
- 2 to 3 Pounds – Placenta
- 2 to 3 Pounds – Amniotic Fluid
- 2 to 3 Pounds – Breast Tissue
- 4 Pounds – Blood Supply
Baby Size Chart
How Big is YOUR Baby in Your Belly?
- 7 Weeks Pregnant – Size of a Blueberry
- 12 Weeks Pregnant – Size of a Plum
- 15 Weeks Pregnant – SIze of an Orange
- 19 Weeks Pregnant – Size of a Mango
- 23 Weeks Pregnant – Size of a Grapefruit
- 26 Weeks Pregnant – Size of a Cabbage
- 31 Weeks Pregnant – Size of a Pineapple
- 35 Weeks Pregnant – Size of a Coconut
- 40 Weeks Pregnant – Size of a Watermelon
Top Pregnancy Cravings
- 40% of you are craving SWEETS while pregnant
- 33% of you are craving SALTY SNACKS while pregnant
- 17% of you are craving SPICY FOOD while pregnant
- 10% of you are craving CITRUS FRUITS, GREEN APPLES, TART OR SOUR while pregnant
Pregnant or do you have a baby? Join our Facebook group setup just for you: