NBA Baller Beats works by you dribbling the basketball to the beat of top musical artist and doing the motions for various basketball moves.
This game is unlike any other basketball video game you’ll play. Play it right and you will be sweating. You can play with your favorite team as well as to your favorite tunes. Use the music as a guide to bounce the ball. Each songs is classified by difficulty and runs around 2-3 minutes each. Show off your ball handling skills as you interact with the game via Kinect.
The xBox Kinect continues to amaze me. The on-screen guide picks up where you and the ball are and what you are doing.
Here are the artists and music features on NBA Baller Beats. All with mild language, nothing that made me want to cover my 7 year old’s ears!
I have a 7 year old boy and a 10 year old girl. Both got totally into it and have enjoyed playing (over and over – bounce bounce bounce). I should say that the ball did slide out of their hands a few times and I kept envisioning my beloved smart TV being knocked over. Most definitely for ages 10 and up!
YES! NBA Baller Beats came with a regular size Spalding basketball (BONUS!). And yes, you dribble on the ground. Per the NBA Baller Beats website:
Q: Is it possible to play in a carpeted room?
A: Yes, this game works on most surfaces. “Most” means it does not work on shag rugs! We’ve tested the game on several different surfaces including all different types and thicknesses of carpet, and yes it works on most surfaces. We should also point out that the game works with different types of balls, so if someone wanted more bounce, less weight in a ball (for example, a younger child may want this), that may have a better feel to the bounce based on your surface, you can use that type of ball as well.
If you have a kid in your life that loves Basketball as well as the xBox Kinect – here is the game for you! This would be the perfect Tween and Teen gift – perfect for the hard to find tween or teen boy!
· NBA Baller Beats - The first ever full body motion-based NBA video game that lets you perform like a pro using a real basketball.
· NBA Baller Beats will come packaged with an official NBA game ball replica from Spalding®.
· Bounce the ball to the beat of 30 licensed tracks that span across decades and genres including hip-hop, rock and old school classics.
· From novice to pro, every baller can raise their game with three difficulty levels available on every song: Rookie, Pro, and Baller.
· The game challenges players to master ball-handling skills by dribbling and performing moves including crossovers, pump fakes, flow dribble and more.
· Train alongside your favorite NBA franchise unlocking songs, difficulty levels, environment accessories, over 100 posters and Panini’s 2012 NBA HOOPS trading cards that showcase NBA players’ greatest moves.
· Master different baller moves and increase your stamina in single player mode, break it down and practice different skills in Move School mode or show-off in multiplayer mode and go head-to-head against up to 8 players – the highest score wins bragging rights.
· Show-off your baller skills as the Kinect camera takes pictures that you can upload and share on Facebook.
A special thanks to Majesco for sending us a copy to review!