Normality use to scare me. Now I crave it (to an extent). While, I wouldn’t say they are necessarily normal – I will say that I absolutely heart the Duggar family.
Who are the Duggars? Maybe you’ve seen them on TV, they have a reality show on TLC called 18 Kids and Counting. 18 KIDS, that’s correct. The Mom and Dad have created all kinds of systems and created order for a smooth running household. Wish I could have that. AND THEY HAVE 18 KIDS, did I mention that?
Sure, not all if their antics fall under normal – but a few things remain clear each time I watch their show.
- They have a heart for God.
- There 18 kids behave better than my 2 kids.
- Commercialism doesn’t absorb them.
- For 20 people, they have a system for laundry!
- They just seem so darn nice!
Do I wish I had 18 kids and a reality show? Not so much…. BUT at the end of the day I want:
- My family to have a heart for God.
- I want kids that are respectable and for the most part behave.
- I am tired of commercialism engulfing me.
- Laundry? The best system I have is hiring my sister to do it for me.
- My family needs to work on the niceness.
Things to work on. We’re all a work in progress, right? I’ll drink to that.
Michelle Duggar has a new blog – check it out here.