- Digital Kids
- Mom Life
Introverted children are vastly different than extroverted children. They like to keep to themselves. They may not be as outgoing or chatty as extroverted child.
Handling each kid requires different techniques, and like extroverts – knowing how to parenting introverted children sure help when it comes to dealing and caring for kids and their personalities.
We have 2 introverted children and 2 extroverted children. Each require different love and attention. When we started putting the below practices into place, we immediately noticed a difference in their reactions and responses.
The definition of an introvert according to Google:
1. Respect their need for privacy.
2. Never embarrass them in public.
3. Let them observe first in new situations.
4. Give them time to think, don’t demand instant answers.
5. Don’t interrupt them.
6. Don’t give them advance notice of expected changes in their lives.
7. Give them 15 minute warnings to finish whatever they are doing.
8. Reprimand them privately.
9.Teach them new skill privately.
10. Enable them to find one best friends who has similar interests and abilities.
11. Don’t push them to make lots of friends.
12. Respect their introversion. DOn’t try to remake them into extroverts.
These tips not only work well with kids, but also work well with adults.
Are you a mom to an introverted child?