Teaching your kids to be safe on social sites is incredibly important.
With this month being Internet Safety month, we will be posting on various ways to keeping the internet a safe resource for yourself and your kids.
One critical point before you children are allowed to surf the web is to make sure they have a full understanding of how to be safe online, particular social site. Social sites for children continue to gain popularity. Watching what you children do on these sites should be your priority. Check out these resources from Internet Safety 101.
Learn more on Internet Safety.
10 Tips to Teaching Your Kids to Be Safe on Social Sites
- Be as anonymous as possible
- Use privacy settings
- Think before they post
- Avoid in-person meetings
- Be honest about their age
- Remember social networking sites are public spaces
- Avoid posting anything that could embarrass them later or expose them to danger
- Remember that people aren’t always who they say they are
- Check comments regularly
- Avoid inappropriate content and behavior, and, if encountered, report it to the social networking site
What Internet Safety Tips Would You Add to This List?
Follow Digital Mom Blog on Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Instagram